project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-10-31, 22:09   #51
RAWSwampFox
Default Re: Your Sand Castle / Roadblock!!

Good Evening,

Ok, I've got the time down to 15 minutes to get on top of the water tower in Karbala. Couple of side notes, when loading the map earlier, there was no spawn point by Big Red and nade motorcycles no longer work but rather they kill you. I'm guessing a couple of code changes.

Now with that said, after I got on top of the water tower, I piddled around with the roadblocks building out to the north. The enemy decided to attempt to land on my "pile" but didn't quite get the heli lined up on it correctly causing it to fall off. The first pic is a picture of a rope extended from the top of the water tower which shows you how far you will fall and that a rope will not reach the ground.

Now, here's a far away shot of the "pile" after I accidently fell off after working on it for 50 minutes. Yes, I had the time while drinking the coffee this morning. I estimate that I got it at least 200m up in the air and almost 100m north of the water tower which, if I remember correctly, is north of the warehouse just a bit.

Here's a little closer:

Heli on approach:

Landing attempt:

RAWSwampFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 22:47   #52
SIDEKILL3R
Supporting Member

that last picture is epic
SIDEKILL3R is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 23:04   #53
Raklodder
Supporting Member

I don't want to accuse anyone, or mention any names, but this happened several times today while playing on Fallujah West, where a couple of people blocked (exploited) by building roadblocks upon roadblock outside the caches, making it near impossible for the attacking team to destroy it and surely that's not the way the game was intended to be played?
Raklodder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 23:34   #54
RAWSwampFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raklodder View Post
I don't want to accuse anyone, or mention any names, but this happened several times today while playing on Fallujah West, where a couple of people blocked (exploited) by building roadblocks upon roadblock outside the caches, making it near impossible for the attacking team to destroy it and surely that's not the way the game was intended to be played?
Good Evening,

If "everyone" played the game it was intended to be played no one would be playing it. In fact, I would guess that 60%-70% of the people on any given server are actually playing anywhere close to what the "experts" say it is intended to be played.

While I understand what you are saying, this is just a thread of pics of sandcastles, nothing more. There is another thread I started to debate what your talking about.
Old 2016-03-04, 23:49   #55
RAWSwampFox

Good Evening,

Well, decided to have some fun with the IDF forces.

It was funny when a couple spawned in and they were hopping like jumping beans. Of course us being CIVIES, we jumped in with them to "hop" with them but they didn't like our hopping and martyred us.
Old 2016-03-05, 01:07   #56
SIDEKILL3R
Supporting Member

Roadblock a fob... this has been added to my list on what to now do when no sapper or breacher is around
SIDEKILL3R is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 19:16   #57
Max_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Walled off front side of the cache and allowing only one entrance. They had to area attack the cache and send constant wave of reinforcement to deny me to rebuild the fort.

More: Ramiel Trash Fort - Album on Imgur

Spyker2041: "Just found out that my "9 month" deployment to the Falklands just turned into a 19 month one..."
Mats391: "When admins set LRG instead of STD."
Max_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 19:36   #58
RAWSwampFox

Good Afternoon,

v1.4

Well, I haven't seen the roadblock in action enough yet to formulate an opinion about their "nerfness" or not.

If you are planning on dropping roadblocks, plan on taking a huge amount of time to situate them correctly. It appears that there are some limitations on either layers or distances from certain objects.

Edit NOTE: There is a 5m radius issue with deploying assets around caches but it doesn't state whether this is a "dome" as in horizontal and/or vertical.

Tags
castle, roadblock, sand