project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-02-23, 21:51   #51
DkMick

This thread is hilarious! haha

I agree instaproning has no place in PR, but I also agree that limiting a players motion to much can ruin the game altogether. I personally have not really had many problems with the instaprone thing, I think it's over hyped by some vocal (read spastic) players. Adding some sort of delay before firing after going prone seems logical to me though.
DkMick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 00:47   #52
Doedel

Yeah. You'd be amazed how quickly one can hit the dirt if their life depends on it. The only question here is being able to fire instantly -- and in that case I'd say that there should definately be some sort of firing handicap for atleast 2 seconds. Preferably highly decreased accuracy; in the heat of the moment if you hit the dirt around a corner and bump heads with an enemy, you're just going to spray that gun. With absolutely no accuracy, mind you, but that's okay if the guy is within slapping distance.
Doedel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 02:48   #53
Cyber-Couch

It's not just hitting the dirt, it's hitting the dirt, then turning around the corner and hitting the sidewalk, then turning around the next corner and hitting the pavement, and then hitting the dirt again. It's brutal and going prone over and over should make you lose some stamina, but I don't even think that would keep people from doing it so much. Everytime I turn the corner and see an enemy - he goes prone instantly.
Cyber-Couch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 02:55   #54
Demio

You should make it like it is on Red Orchestra. When you hit the dirt, if you have your scope/iron-sights up you will go back to "regular" view. Also, it has a 2 second delay or so before you can do anything (shooting, getting iron-sights back, etc).

Just my 50 €uroCents
Demio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 07:58   #55
coolhand

In real life, proning instantly and aiming is easy. Very easy I can do it. Except it hurts like a bitch. Take a NERF gun if you still have one lying around. Put a vase or something expensive fifteen paces from you and insta prone and shoot it.

Also, when I say insta-prone in real life, I mean insta prone. That means I want to see your body horizontal, face down, with feet over head at some point in your jump and hit the floor flat and square; and finish it off with a cute little roll. Then, aim your NERF and shoot your vase. I suggest doing this on a carpet, but real men would do it on cement. Don't use a real gun because that is just stupid.

---

If there is one thing I cannot stand in PR it's this. Unfortunately we can't due to BF2's limitations. Can't EA help with this seemingly simple thing? Or, maybe the mods can do something. I don't care if its ghetto... I don't know jack about programming, but I wouldn't mind if you guys had the blur/darken the screen to simulate shock from the fall. (but instead of the wave blur, make the wavyness violent if possible then decline slowly after 2.5-3.5 seconds... ) I'm not if thats too short of a wait or too long but that's something the mods would have to find out. It might be cheesy but if it's a way around BF2, then I'll be more than happy to take it. I don't mind dying when someone gets a good bead on me and hits me from nowhere; but I hate when I get the bead on someone first as he passes a corner, turns to me (with MY guns firing) only for him to 'insta-praim' and kill me. Even after I took a spoonfool off his right lobe with my AK-47.

But eggs suggestions sounds good. Hopefully that works out. Does anyone know or have information as to how FH2 is planning to deal with this?
coolhand is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
madness, prone