project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: Do you think in tickets when commanding
No 43 27.04%
Yes 73 45.91%
Occasionally 43 27.04%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-05, 13:49   #51
Michael_Denmark

Default Re: Thinking in tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_Sam View Post
Interesting point in 0.8 now seeing as you have no way of telling how many tickets the enemy has. I wonder how commanders will adapt to this change.
They don't. need to fix that pb problem i got so i can actually play 0.8.
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 13:51   #52
Michael_Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartantyco View Post
-I find that teams keep fighting to the end more often. At least half the games I've played have ended with only a few tickets remaining for the winner(1-15 tickets), and this makes teams fight for every ticket all the way to the end. I remember on Barracuda, we had five tickets left and I typed in GG expecting to lose. Then, at 3 tickets the game ended with our side victorious.
Cool if that's the case. Fighting to the is how a battle should process.
Old 2008-09-16, 00:17   #53
vilhelm123

Quote:
Interesting point in 0.8 now seeing as you have no way of telling how many tickets the enemy has. I wonder how commanders will adapt to this change.
It's not changed my style in anyway, same tactics still work/don't work for me.
vilhelm123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 22:05   #54
Michael_Denmark

Thumbs up Re: Thinking in tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilhelm123 View Post
It's not changed my style in anyway, same tactics still work/don't work for me.
So your basically saying you never used the info about remaining enemy tickets in a battle before?

Respect from me at least, cause I always used it.
Old 2008-12-21, 22:26   #55
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I really don't like not knowing the enemy tickets, I based my commander strategy around them before, now I avoid making grand plans at all, and just facilitate squad teamwork and make squad leaders individual plans work. (which isn't that bad anyway, since the guy on the ground has a good idea of what's happening in his area)

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 22:36   #56
Michael_Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
I really don't like not knowing the enemy tickets, I based my commander strategy around them before, now I avoid making grand plans at all, and just facilitate squad teamwork and make squad leaders individual plans work. (which isn't that bad anyway, since the guy on the ground has a good idea of what's happening in his area)
So if your team is down to example 50 tickets and you have no feeling of how many the enemy has left, you would still not stop your assumingly attacking squad leaders and order team-sized defence for those last 50 tickets? -instead of viewing the attacking SLs using up the remaining 50 T?

Why I am asking is because there in my mind are many local areas in a battle, all controlled by individual squad leaders who might not have any overview of the amount of tickets left or for that matter enough experience to know when to stop attacking in a battle?
Old 2008-12-27, 07:14   #57
cfschris
Banned

I don't think in tickets, I think in contact reports
cfschris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 19:15   #58
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
So if your team is down to example 50 tickets and you have no feeling of how many the enemy has left, you would still not stop your assumingly attacking squad leaders and order team-sized defence for those last 50 tickets? -instead of viewing the attacking SLs using up the remaining 50 T?

Why I am asking is because there in my mind are many local areas in a battle, all controlled by individual squad leaders who might not have any overview of the amount of tickets left or for that matter enough experience to know when to stop attacking in a battle?
you're right, I would get more conservative as tickets become less.

but I find that its me who doesn't have the overall view because the average SL doesn't give me info on what's happening at their location, so I tend to trust them to do the right thing and just help them in their goals and provide guidance when needed.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 19:59   #59
Khidr

You can always estimate how many tickets the enemy has. This is still very accurate with the exception that you don't know how many tickets the other teams started with(if they are different values of course).

This is a vital skill for a commander imo and the estimation that is made always effects my command decisions.
Khidr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 22:09   #60
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Yeah I guess one of the reasons is that teams cannot see the others ticket status so they are less likely to either lay off (if they are miles ahead) or give up if they are miles behind and of course closer battles are alwyas more fun!
Well if your team has like 300 deaths and you've spent the last 45 minutes fighting over the last two flags, then it starts getting kinda obvious...

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
thinking, tickets