project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

View Poll Results: what do you think is more important
view distance is way more important then settings 167 78.40%
settings over view distance any day 16 7.51%
dont really care as long as i can play 30 14.08%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-14, 19:08   #51
zangoo

well from what Mosquill is saying i dont see why the view distance is low at all, cus most people have a fast cpu but a med-end videocard.
zangoo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 19:06   #52
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Well, there's the gameplay factor don't forget. Many maps are made with the view distance at a certain level; upping the view distance might skew a map's gameplay; insufficient cover on flags for example. Not saying that's why PR hasn't upped the view distance any further, I'm giving it as a reason why it has to be done carefully.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 21:14   #53
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Certainly for maps like Jabal, Zatar, and Oman, there is no chance of increased view distance, as it would allow the defenders to see the USMCs spawn points and vehicles.

But I think anyone mapping for PR shouldn't be afraid to crank up the view distance, in fact they should try and keep it as high as possible.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 19:49   #54
zangoo

right now the view distance on op.archer is great, most of the time it is the hills that block your view not the fog, but i would really like to see more maps have the fog start 1m before it ends to give it a crisper look.
zangoo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 23:06   #55
GLQ

+10 km View Distance
and places to cover
and make rifles to can kill at 300+ meters
Serous

PS -
and shotguns to kill "very much" at medium ranges
and machine guns - none accuracy, but max damage and lot rate of fire
GLQ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 23:25   #56
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Quote:
i would really like to see more maps have the fog start 1m before it ends to give it a crisper look.
I think it depends on the map. The effect on fools road looks really good, but other maps could use a crisper fog.

I love the view distance on operation archer, more long distances maps plz!

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 12:31   #57
M82

I run all my settings on Low, and on PR, graphics dont matter, because the gameplay is so intense, you get drawn into it and totally forget about the graphics! But I still have my view settings on 100, otherwise people with more than me, would have a much greater advantage to kill me.
M82 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
distance, settings, view