project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: Thoughts on the current (WIP) supression effect
I like it a lot 48 35.29%
I don't mind it 22 16.18%
I dislike it 11 8.09%
I think it needs more work 68 50.00%
I think it should be left it as-is 5 3.68%
I think it should go 17 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-19, 14:23   #51
Tirak

Default Re: (POLL) do you like the suppression effect ?

I love the response the Suppression Effect causes, I love the fact that for the first time ever in a game I've played, people dive for cover like they do instead of trying to spin around and shoot. What I do not love is the current unfairness of the system, which is why I voted it needs some tweeking. You shouldn't be able to suppress yourself, it shouldn't depend on your frame rate.

What I would really like to see is a snowballing suppression effect. One or two shots from a normal rifle starts it, the edges of your screen go dark but you can still fight, and as you take more fire you become more and more suppressed up to the current maximum.
Old 2008-07-19, 15:16   #52
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
I love the response the Suppression Effect causes, I love the fact that for the first time ever in a game I've played, people dive for cover like they do instead of trying to spin around and shoot. What I do not love is the current unfairness of the system, which is why I voted it needs some tweeking. You shouldn't be able to suppress yourself, it shouldn't depend on your frame rate.

What I would really like to see is a snowballing suppression effect. One or two shots from a normal rifle starts it, the edges of your screen go dark but you can still fight, and as you take more fire you become more and more suppressed up to the current maximum.
well, you wont be able to suppress urself in .8, i agree on the FPS point, i used to play on a very old and bad rig so know exactly what people say, though now im on a gaming rig , i do agree on the snowballing effect though with the current accuracy of weapons wont people be dead by time the effect is really rolling ? also, i hope so bad they can get the effect when a bullet passes near u in air, that will be amazing.

though its still quite early im liking the fact that it seems the majority of the community do like the effect (though wanting improvements) unlike what was previously thought, which looks more like a few outspoken people.

Old 2008-07-20, 00:18   #53
Brummy

Wookie's unbanned, I decided that after s3v_be dealt with it in a proper way. You can get rid of the Free wookie sigs now

Yep, it could've been as easy as that
Last edited by Brummy; 2008-07-20 at 00:24..
Old 2008-07-20, 13:07   #54
jbgeezer

Close quarters need rework urgently!
Old 2008-07-20, 13:12   #55
Anxiety

I think i should make the comment that .. you are not supposed to to like the effect.. the whole point is to stop people form going gun-hoe.. I MUCH prefer the supression effect to random half-assed tools going around guns a blazing becuas ethye're not scared of bullets.. now, people are . simple. i will be angry if they take it out..
Old 2008-07-20, 13:15   #56
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgeezer View Post
Close quarters need rework urgently!
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f22...weaks-wip.html

Old 2008-07-20, 16:04   #57
Ablack77
Supporting Member

Great effect, would be even better if it lasted the same amount of time no matter what your PC specs, but such is life.

It's no one's fault but your own if you don't have a top end PC (which I don't)

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Old 2008-07-27, 11:16   #58
M.Warren

I've already beat my opinions to death.

Suppression Approach 1

Suppression Approach 2

As much as I'd like to talk about it... It's not going to make much of a difference because v0.8 is bound to come around the cornor soon enough. Then they're just gonna' do it their way anyways... So, then we'll all be starting a new arguement on the new effect.

I hope not though, I can only bang my head on the wall for so long.

Besides, who thought up the suppression effect origionally anyways? I can settle for a scapegoat aswell if applicable, I need someone to blame.
Old 2008-07-27, 19:04   #59
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Warren View Post
Besides, who thought up the suppression effect origionally anyways? I can settle for a scapegoat aswell if applicable, I need someone to blame.
fh2 dev right ?

Old 2008-07-28, 15:28   #60
M_Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
but it has also been stated it is realistic...

well then if it's realistic... end of discussion lol.

Tags
effect, poll, suppression