project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
13 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2006-06-04, 21:12   #51
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Accuratley?
duckhunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 21:12   #52
Braddock096

Crawley, for heavens sake, can you not make a SINGLE POST without abusing the prior posters?

Use the forums for reasoned debate, and not the abuse that you seem to be constantly spouting.
Braddock096 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 21:17   #53
Crawley
Banned

its called being provoked. It's not too simple to keep things in terms of reality, but it seems that it isnt the goal of some users. It aggrivates the hell out of me. And it wasnt abuse... not even close.
Crawley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 21:20   #54
Malik
Banned

Apparently Crawley dislikes the thought of being wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawley
My goal is to make the game balanced while keeping it as real as possible.
So, you're trying to do both, but when it comes to gameplay being severely affected by practically removing the MEC's sniper because they will have no decent magnification, you're not interested in balance? Keeping the SVD's current magnification settings is just too much, because of course the MEC are insurgents and of course everyone should be able to kill insurgents and that's reality and of course this mod is about reality, not about fun. I think everyone on the mod team will disagree with your statement about the mod not being about fun. It's only a game Crawley, and as much as the team modify this game, it's always going to be a game.
Malik is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 21:26   #55
Crawley
Banned

Quote:
but when it comes to gameplay being severely affected by practically removing the MEC's sniper because they will have no decent magnification
4x is perfectly decent

Quote:
because of course the MEC are insurgents and of course everyone should be able to kill insurgents and that's reality and of course this mod is about reality, not about fun.
Putting words in my mouth, freakin typical

Quote:
I think everyone on the mod team will disagree with your statement about the mod not being about fun.
Never said that, if i did prove me wrong.

Quote:
It's only a game Crawley
Awesome i thought it was RL thanks for clarifying that

Quote:
Apparently Crawley dislikes the thought of being wrong.
Ashame that im right ehh

Look if you want 8x thats fine, but its not realistic.
Old 2006-06-04, 21:32   #56
Malik
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
in other words, something that's meant to be fun, fair and enjoyable for all
If thats what you want you should play vanilla.
I said the mod was 'fun, fair and enjoyable for all', you informed me to play Vanilla if I wanted that. Is that not saying the mod can't fulfill my wishes of that?

Quote:
Quote:
MEC snipers don't stand a chance against the UK.
WELCOME TO REALITY!
Is it me, or is that suggesting that in real life, the middle eastern coalition snipers don't stand a chance against the UK? Seeing as the closest we got to the MEC against the UK in real life are the insurgents, that, to me, would seem to be what you meant.

I'm too tired to argue. Dumbing down the scopes to 4x because that's how the Russians do it is dumb to put it plainly. The UK assault rifle will have 4x scope a standard, let's not crush gameplay by destroying the sniper's chances of fighting them.
Malik is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 21:50   #57
Crawley
Banned

Quote:
Russians do it is dumb to put it plainly.
Ok everywhere that you can find an SVD you will see that they usually either use a 2.5x scope or 4x scope, not just Russia. 4x is the most common i have seen throughout middle eastern countries, but 2.5x is found frequently too.

Quote:
UK in real life are the insurgents
Are you saying that all insurgents are bad fighters?

Quote:
I said the mod was 'fun, fair and enjoyable for all', you informed me to play Vanilla if I wanted that. Is that not saying the mod can't fulfill my wishes of that?
Well yes PR can... but reality isnt fair... sorry
Old 2006-06-04, 22:12   #58
Braddock096

Quote:
Well yes PR can... but reality isnt fair... sorry
You're not wrong there, but if it wasn't fair then nobody would play on the less able side. Hence balance.
Braddock096 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 22:18   #59
0mikr0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik
Is it me, or is that suggesting that in real life, the middle eastern coalition snipers don't stand a chance against the UK?
Well, technically, he's right... if you put one MEC sniper in the middle of a London street with a sniper rifle, he's not getting out of that city alive. LOL.

But seriously, this is turning into a flame war. Maybe you guys should settle this under PMs?
0mikr0n is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 22:22   #60
trogdor1289

yes this is turning into a flame war get it back on topic.
trogdor1289 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, increase, rifle, sniper