project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2009-11-09, 15:49   #51
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Al Muthana Desert (4km) [WIP]

up right corner get rid of the cirles

and please change the texture settings make it a desert and not just yellow

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 18:30   #52
Brummy

It's not that yellowish ingame tbh, looks just a bit brighter than kashan
Brummy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 21:29   #53
Elektro

Would be cool if you made a few or a huge village where inf can take the first part of the battle - make it harder for armor to get in or make them vunerable.. Then the munitions dumper give it lots of AA, and possibly give Brits the tornados "After" the inf area has been capped, then the air power has to set in and cover the inf from the BMPs while they surrounder the munitions lair... A few warriors on brits side would be cool too just my point of view..

Maybe remove MECs airpower dunno if im crazy for posting this ._.
Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 06:40   #54
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/153/minimapplan.png

Yeah Amok@ndy I didn't really notice that until I did low res lightmaps which showed it up

Here is a png of the plan, there is a long way to go, but we're getting there.

Quote:
Maybe remove MECs airpower dunno if im crazy for posting this ._.
myself and Stoffen have discussed this and we're actually leaning towards taking away the British airpower for the 32 layer. Making it WMIKs, trans rovers, log trucks Vs the MEC trans choppers, a couple of FAVs and log trucks. why? well, opfor doesn't have a single map where their air transport is their main feature. We might even give MEC a havok and the Brits Stormers and a warrior/scimitar. But we've also discussed unusual flag arrangements instead. e.g. Full assets on both teams, however brits get on Apache right at the start, while all other air assets are on delayed spawn. Now, there is a good reason for this. The first flag might be the West Bunkerline flag, if we put a 5min spawn for the MEC there they can defend it using infantry and the ready placed ZPUs and I'll probably leave a logisitc truck for them to use as well. This means that they will have HATs etc to use, and also there are a few bunkers they can hide in that aren't destructable and therefore reasonably safe from teh Air assets. I miss the old kashan method that used this, allowing an infantry squad to hold up a whole team

So, they get the defensive advantage and plenty of cover, the brits get all their assets attacking at the start, and teh MEC's assets will take about 5mins to reach the bunker line. So, the battle could be decided in the first 5mins of the game.

Note, that all assets discussions here probably won't mean jack since this will be decided by playtests in the end :P but its fun to think about.

Quote:
A few warriors on brits side would be cool too just my point of view..
I've said before that MEC vs Brits is much more interesting to balance than MEC vs USA.

BTR < Warrior < BMP

Lynx Fast, no supplies
Merlin Slow, supplies (+ issues with lag, though I never get it)
MEC trans chopper, slow + supplies

Scimitar - Heat/AP, fast
BRDM - much weaker, but does have AP and room to carry a HAT as well

Wmik = FAV

c2 = t72

Apache and Havok are well matched (though afaik the larger havok cannon doesn't get a increased ingame power?)

This all translates in to a mix of assets in the end.

I promise though that I'll fight tooth and nail to ensure that all of the assets I've mentioned are featured in some capacity. Though don't expect more than 1 BMP (unless we give MEC less tanks ofc, then more BMP will be good)

Last edited by Rudd; 2009-11-10 at 06:46..
Old 2009-11-10, 07:02   #55
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

oh forgot to mention, I can't seem to find the texture files for the terrain covers, or the tunnelcover (that thing that also covers the mine on Qwai)

Do the terrain covers use some kind of central texture?

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 07:29   #56
MaxBooZe

Very nice thought on the Asset lay-out Rudd, also have you though of maybe a hardened village, e.g. Ejod City, with non-destroyable buildings so it makes it interesting for the havocs and a real combat place for the infantry and APCs?
MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 07:50   #57
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

There will be a couple of the statics featured in Asad Kahl whereas others will be the ones from the karbala village, and I'm going to add a few basements similar to the one you see in the village on Basrah to ensure there is someplace to hide.

The destructable objects limit will definately be enough to ensure some of the village will be non-destructable.

Old 2009-11-10, 11:31   #58
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
Though don't expect more than 1 BMP
haha, i bet stoffen had lots of rant for this decision

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 11:43   #59
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I think his dreams of charging the village in it with both bow gunz spitting death at his enemies have kept him happy

Old 2009-11-10, 12:17   #60
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummy View Post
It's not that yellowish ingame tbh, looks just a bit brighter than kashan
kashan looks white in some places
and the texture really dont reminds me on sand

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, awesomeness, desert, map, muthana, rud loves men, rudd is a stud, ruddyboy, wip