project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
18 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-10-19, 01:16   #61
Kevokpo
Default Re: PR:F v0.1 Bug Reports

just need to look a little more

Dont have PR 0.973 installed

scroll down a little bit and there is the solution to the problem
Old 2012-10-19, 08:24   #62
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I came off the Brit tigercat SAM site just north of the San Carlos flag, and was unable to kill myself by right clicking a grenade each time they vanished inot the ground with no boom.
Old 2012-10-19, 09:30   #63
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye the brit grenades for some reason don't always work... dunno why.

Old 2012-10-19, 10:54   #64
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Just about the bang time it drops into the scenery maybe a bug with the Brit grenade code or whatever that stuff is.
Old 2012-10-20, 06:38   #65
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

On the 100p event last night a bit too many CTD's really.

Would we be likely to get less CTD's on a 64P event or just the same % or ratio??
Old 2012-10-20, 07:23   #66
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Only CTDs I saw was OSD in the AA squad all CTDing (anyone have an idea on the reason or what they where all doing or where when this happened) and people loosing connections when the server was under a DDOS attack?

Old 2012-10-22, 07:07   #67
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I was ARG CO for a while and saw/heard quite a few going, also I was in the general channel in mumble trying to rejoin after a CTD and met quite a few others in the same boat.

My CTD was for example driving a ARG logy with rifleman from port stanley about 30m down the road heading West - does that kind of info help.

If this is the case we must do a CTD 100p event where we ask nicely of anyone suffering a CTD to post up as much info as possible:

Team
Kit
Vehicle
Doing
Would that help in finding if there is any common reasons. From what I've learnt here CTD's can be some particular action or location with a specific vehicle or kit?

I think a CTD event would be a novel and useful thing to do - but I'd really like to run Skirmish which apparently isn't possible at PRTA with the 100p server code - yet.

So if we can get a skirmish 100p I'll do my best to organise a CTD100 event we'll all be alpha testers then!
Old 2012-10-22, 09:37   #68
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
My CTD was for example driving a ARG logy with rifleman from port stanley about 30m down the road heading West - does that kind of info help.
Not really without being able to reproduce it in the same way or unless you did something more than just driving at the exact time you crashed like change to a weapon or something.

Just driving for 30m doesn't really give anything to go on as you where already had been driving fine so unless something came into VD at that very point that made you crash then there isn't anything to go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
If this is the case we must do a CTD 100p event where we ask nicely of anyone suffering a CTD to post up as much info as possible:

Team
Kit
Vehicle
Doing
Would that help in finding if there is any common reasons. From what I've learnt here CTD's can be some particular action or location with a specific vehicle or kit?

I think a CTD event would be a novel and useful thing to do - but I'd really like to run Skirmish which apparently isn't possible at PRTA with the 100p server code - yet.

So if we can get a skirmish 100p I'll do my best to organise a CTD100 event we'll all be alpha testers then!
don't really need a "CTD event", just need servers to run the map more and for players to report any CTDs they have, even if they don't have much info to go on reporting what they know is at least something as then we may be able to string up connections, however unlikely but at the very least see how frequent they are. Also your better to do it without the 100p code as that could well be crating more issues that have nothing to do with the map, especially in terms of any server crashes which is one of the main things I need right now as I have totally nothing to go off in that regards, player crashes I have one or two somewhat unfounded ideas but at least got something there

Also running 100p event on one of the Skirmish layers is a very bad idea... They where only designed for around 16 players, 32 would be pushing it and having 100 players would just mean the 16 player layer, hardly any Brits would be able to get off the AC and the Argies would have the strongest defence of the island ever, only have to fight off a few troops at a time, basically how many they can get into their boats and chopper which isn't that much, then on the 32 skirmish layer, it would be the same but reversed sides having the problem.

Old 2012-10-22, 15:47   #69
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4gi, post: 32608, member: 246
For Brit air the whole game was a disaster. Pilots would get a few minutes in the air and then just CTD. This happened to us like 3 times at which point we just gave up.

I've PM'ed L4gi to see if he or any other pilots can help out.
Old 2012-12-15, 18:50   #70
Kevokpo

In last falklands update (yesterday), In Goose Green map, in coronation point's flag, when you enter the grey bunker you cannot get out, I didn't find where to post this, move it if this is not the right place

Tags
bug, prf, reports, v01