project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
10 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2022-01-22, 08:53   #61
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: (Vehicle) Stryker MGS - M1128 Mobile Gun System

Looking good! Is the red glass just a placeholder colour, or do they look like that?

Also, one bit that could possibly use more tris, unless it is blocky on the real thing, is the hatch. Generally, anything that silhouettes against the background is a good thing to give extra tris, especially if its rounded. If the base of the hatch is blocky then not to worry.

Also, should the inside of it be a bit hollowed out? This is a pretty good example of what you're sorta aiming for with a cupola hatch: https://i.imgur.com/1ogsgtd.jpg

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-22, 09:25   #62
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

LangMaster are you interested in modelling the ejection port and flaps at the rear of the turret? We might try get the empty shell ejection working when in game.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-22, 09:30   #63
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
LangMaster are you interested in modelling the ejection port and flaps at the rear of the turret? We might try get the empty shell ejection working when in game.
To quote from Discord:
Quote:
camo — Today at 9:12 AM
shit its probably too late to ask about adding the flap at the back of the turret to eject rounds
idk how we'd get it working but it could be cool to have
Rhino — Today at 9:16 AM
got a pic/vid?
camo — Today at 9:18 AM
https://youtu.be/0xgrisPgF7E?t=92
Rhino — Today at 9:20 AM
ye, it could be done, tbh it wouldn't be that hard to do, you would most likely do it the same way I did the Exocet missile hatches opening and then closing after launching
could also be a LOD0 only feature, with the moving parts removed and welded to the turret in LOD1, or LOD2 at the latest so only something seen up close and would cut down on draw calls from afar
camo — Today at 9:21 AM
but i guessing its too late to add to the model?
Rhino — Today at 9:22 AM
the only thing he would need to change on his model/texture, is to cut away those hatches from the turret, and model a black hole under it which would only need a tiny area of texture space for
so minimal change really
Rhino — Today at 9:24 AM
code wise, only slight problem is you could possibly press the fire button during the reloading process and the thing would open and close then, without ejecting a round, but might be able to sort that with cooldown time

Old 2022-01-22, 15:44   #64
[R-CON]​LangMaster
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Looking good! Is the red glass just a placeholder colour, or do they look like that?

Also, one bit that could possibly use more tris, unless it is blocky on the real thing, is the hatch. Generally, anything that silhouettes against the background is a good thing to give extra tris, especially if its rounded. If the base of the hatch is blocky then not to worry.

Also, should the inside of it be a bit hollowed out? This is a pretty good example of what you're sorta aiming for with a cupola hatch: https://i.imgur.com/1ogsgtd.jpg
The red glass looks like that yes, i will probably make it a bit more darker, it has this red purple blueish tint that you see on glasses, though making a reflect like that is not easy so it is just a texture with red and blue and purple on it with reflection which kinda makes it look almost similar, about the ejection port i was thinking about it, it should be pretty simple to make, and the hatch, again getting pictures of this thing from inside aint that easy, but yes the hatch is blocky like that normaly only the flat base is round, but sure i could possibly make it hollow.

LangMaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-22, 15:52   #65
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Don't worry about the inside, just make a blank inside with just a black texture. No light will really get in there and the thing moves so fast no one will be able to tell nothing is under it but a black empty space that a shell will come flying out of. Dont bother moving UVs about too, just use any tiny bit of empty space in your UVs for it.

Old 2022-01-23, 01:55   #66
[R-CON]​LangMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Don't worry about the inside, just make a blank inside with just a black texture. No light will really get in there and the thing moves so fast no one will be able to tell nothing is under it but a black empty space that a shell will come flying out of. Dont bother moving UVs about too, just use any tiny bit of empty space in your UVs for it.
Yep got it, also i have these antennas on side, there are tied to the side racks so they don't hit the cannon once being turn around, is it possible to replace these with the in game ones so it would actually wobble around but would have two static points instead of one?

Old 2022-01-23, 03:56   #67
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LangMaster View Post
and the hatch, again getting pictures of this thing from inside aint that easy, but yes the hatch is blocky like that normaly only the flat base is round, but sure i could possibly make it hollow.
It looks like it is hollowed out.

Old 2022-01-23, 09:26   #68
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Yep got it, also i have these antennas on side, there are tied to the side racks so they don't hit the cannon once being turn around, is it possible to replace these with the in game ones so it would actually wobble around but would have two static points instead of one?
Yes, they should be Antenna objects. I dont think we have one for bended antennas like that, but shouldnt be too hard to make one

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 20:26   #69
[R-CON]​LangMaster

Made the additions for what you have asked, also the vehicle does not looks that plastic anymore, played with the texture a bit, and added the radiator on the right with the fans, it looks... mediocre but it should do just fine.

Old 2022-01-24, 05:15   #70
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Quote:

Think ejection hatch irl has two door. You can see it in videos and here.