project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-03-16, 00:26   #61
[R-CON]​Avram
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: PRstats site idea

ta-da! (look at my signature)

Avram is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-16, 08:16   #62
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Hehhe nice!

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 05:52   #63
Iguanadjy

Really nice improvement of the site!
Missing the monthly game play total now on the list like before... possible to bring it back ? and a monthly K/D display also would be nice on the player profile or in the monthly list
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 13:18   #64
Cpt.Future
Supporting Member

The new site is looking good, great job!

I would also be interested in seeing revive stats, that would be awesome.

Cpt.Future is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 01:21   #65
JamesRyan123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avram View Post
Hello everyone!

Last year in May, during the pandemic lockdown, I quietly re-launched www.prstats.tk with a new option to track individual matches. I didn't tell anyone about the re-launch, as I'm building this for myself primarily (to practice SQL queries and to satisfy my need of looking at the stats), but I know some of you guys re-discovered the site on your own (special thanks to Nate for letting me know it wasn't picking up data between 2021-03-01 and 2021-03-03).

Yesterday I finally finished and rolled-out the long due redesign of the site. Along with the new, responsive design, there are a couple of new features added:
  • Pagination! You can now access whole match history of each player/server
  • Graphs! You can see daily/weekly player/server activity on their pages as well as global trends on the "Home" and "Players" pages
  • New, unified player/clan/server search
  • New avatars! A random user avatar is generated for each player based on their name

This is not much, but most of my efforts went into the new visual appearance (design) anyway, so I think that's cool. I think the data is more readable now than before.

A couple of features I'm thinking about implementing:
  • New "Maps" page where all the maps will be listed with their own play history and stats
  • "Claim profile" feature where you could claim your player profile and... I don't know, change your avatar?
  • Ability to follow people and get notified when they play (I think the previous point must be implemented before doing this)

I know the site is not perfect and the data it collects might not be most accurate, but given how PRSpy works and that I'm getting ALL the data from PRSpy, I think it works decently.

I looked into parsing demo files, and it's A LOT of work (including a new website which would display parsed data), which wouldn't be such a problem (though it could take months, or even years to develop something useful) if there was a unified way to obtain these demo files from all servers easily and automatically.

I won't get into all the "toxicity the site brings out" discussion too much (though I'll gladly hear any constructive criticism). I mean, look at my stats... I am terrible at this game + I don't really have time to play game and improve my stats (only when I send my kid to his grandparents ), but I can't help it, I just love looking at these stats. When I think about it... this is more a tracker site than a statistics site, and I'm only showing K/D as there's pretty much nothing else to show (other than player score and playtime).

Cheers!
thanks!!
JamesRyan123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 16:47   #66
Trekkie

One feature I'd love to see is a graph showing server population trends, so people can see when different servers are most and least populated, or when certain players tend to be online. By time of day and day of week.

Nice site! Thanks for making it.

Trekkie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 16:56   #67
Trekkie

Maybe calculate ranking balanced against play time or number of rounds played, otherwise the ranking largely reflects how much time people spend playing PR.
Trekkie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 00:19   #68
[R-CON]​Avram
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
Maybe calculate ranking balanced against play time or number of rounds played, otherwise the ranking largely reflects how much time people spend playing PR.
Something like that is definitely possible, I just need to try couple of variations (time or matches played) to see what formula would work best for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
One feature I'd love to see is a graph showing server population trends, so people can see when different servers are most and least populated, or when certain players tend to be online. By time of day and day of week.
Since I already have all matches stored along with their start/end time, server they were played on and the number of players attached to each match, this shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Future View Post
I would also be interested in seeing revive stats, that would be awesome.
If everything goes as planned, I should be trying to parse PRdemo files this weekend, so we'll see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguanadjy View Post
Missing the monthly game play total now on the list like before... possible to bring it back ? and a monthly K/D display also would be nice on the player profile or in the monthly list
What do you mean by "monthly game play total"? The home page shows stats for the current month and it shows monthly K/D, but yes, those numbers could be added to the player profile.

I think I should start a Trello board with all the new features that should be implemented

Thanks for all the feedback!

Avram is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 05:56   #69
Iguanadjy

What I meant was the monthly k/d ratio and monthly games played sorry.
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-26, 00:10   #70
UncleSmek

Dont forget the kd:r for clan
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
idea, prstats, site