project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2006-06-04, 22:23   #61
Crawley
Banned

Quote:
You're not wrong there, but if it wasn't fair then nobody would play on the less able side. Hence balance.
I think you guys are missing the point, there are other ways to balance the game while keep reality... each team can be better at one thing and another better at the other, or depending on the map more people on this side then that side...

There are ways to balance it.

And its not turning into a flame war it is on topic.
Crawley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 23:11   #62
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

I already posted it would be balanced+realistic if the Bolt action snipers had better accuracy than the semi auto because they compensate with Rate of fire. Probably giving the very similar average kill/per min. It is realistic as the newer M24/L96 are more accurate than the SVD/type 88 IRL. It would also reflect the precision marksmanship of coalition forces and the more 'cavalier' approach of certain other forces, MEC more so.
duckhunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 23:35   #63
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckhunt
I already posted it would be balanced+realistic if the Bolt action snipers had better accuracy than the semi auto because they compensate with Rate of fire. Probably giving the very similar average kill/per min. It is realistic as the newer M24/L96 are more accurate than the SVD/type 88 IRL. It would also reflect the precision marksmanship of coalition forces and the more 'cavalier' approach of certain other forces, MEC more so.
The ranges experienced in BF2 are so short that, by and large, the greater accuracy of the M24/L96A1 would not be overly noticable, the drag is accurate out to 600m, which is plenty in game, as at least I rarely, if ever, enguage at ranges beyond 500m. Then again, I rarely use sniper systems.

Also, please remember, in PRMM the MEC is a highly trained professional army. I dont think that their snipers would have any more of a 'cavalier' approach than those of the US or UK.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 23:50   #64
Crawley
Banned

Quote:
I dont think that their snipers would have any more of a 'cavalier' approach than those of the US or UK.
Umm

US & UK Tech >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Middle Eastern Country (not including Israel)
Old 2006-06-05, 01:39   #65
Dylan

omg..this is going nowhere...next please.
Dylan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 02:00   #66
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

USEFUL!
duckhunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 16:32   #67
Malik
Banned

And since when have the PLA not been a professional fighting force too? They have the largest army in the world, damnit!

Crawley, I understand realistically most Dragunovs come with the 4x scopes, but is it really hard to just pretend that the MEC paid for a refit of all SVDs with the (whatever magnification PRMM uses for the SVD)x scopes? Let's say they decided the trusty SVD was the most appropriate rifle for their sniper role and they decided to buy it, and on their order they requested higher powered optics to engage longer range targets for whatever reason.

Regardless of reality, it's just not fair if the UK ASSAULT and MEDIC classes are going to be on par with the MEC's longest range SNIPER class.
Malik is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 16:34   #68
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

*whispers* I've been speaking to a Korean who is v clued up on Chinese weapons informs my that their main DM/sniper is an......SVD clone (Type 79) with a 4x optic - the 5.8 ammunition in the Type 88 is being phased out except for SF.
the.ultimate.maverick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 19:35   #69
Crawley
Banned

SVD, isnt a true sniper rifle... mabye find an alternative.
Old 2006-06-05, 19:46   #70
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

Well tbh the visual range of the BF2 engine is more fitting to a DM rifle/class. But that might be a different debate.

Ah just twigged the Type 88 is the one that is in BF2 atm. This weapon is heading out of service (no ammuntion etc but was a 'real sniper rifle'.
the.ultimate.maverick is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, increase, rifle, sniper