project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2012-05-27, 08:31   #61
MaSSive
Default Re: PRMumble Help FAQ and Tips and Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam View Post
Hi everyone.

I`m getting "Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection." while trying to connect.

I've no firewall restrictions on my side.
Mumble - Remote Host Closed the Connection checked, w/o result.

IMHO, my ip's blacklisted at mmbl root server.

Thx in advance.
If you suspect that might be the case contact [R-DEV]Ancientman or [R-DEV]BloodyDeed, and describe your problem. They might ask you details about you IP address so cooperate with them.
Last edited by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed; 2012-05-30 at 09:00..
Old 2012-06-18, 22:45   #62
Dire-Flugan

Hi

Im having some problems with mumble, after a few minutes my "speak buttons" stop working...i can still hear my squad talk but i cant speak back, i have to either restart mumble or reconfig my local and squad speak buttons. And that only fixes the problem for a short period of time (ca 5 minutes). I have tried reinstalling mumble but to no success, i havent edited or done anything with mumble (everything is on default). And the strange thing is that this happens quite often, but sometimes i can play for hours and then all the sudden it stops working.
I have also reinstalled my Win7 ( not because of mumble) but the problem still arises

plz help !
Dire-Flugan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 17:59   #63
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire-Flugan View Post
Hi

plz help !
Hello Dire-Flugan, welcome to the PR forums,

So I can get a better idea what we are dealing with, Can you give me the specifications on your PC?

When you say all mumble settings are to default, you still have H as default local and NumberPad 0 as squad chat?

At the moment that your talk keys stop working in PRMumble, can you

1. stay connected to PRMUmble, go to Configure-Settings-Shortcuts , change the local and squad shortcut keys, click apply, and immediately be able to talk through PRMumble again?

Or

2. do you have to disconnect from PRMumble, change your shortcut keys, then reconnect again for your squad mates to hear you?

My first guess is this is a Windows 7 problem, and not a PRmumble problem.

You need to check if you have an obscure Windows 7 feature called "Sticky Keys" turned on, if you do, turn it off. Hear are instructions to check if it is turned on, and directions on how to turn it off:
Quick Tip: Disable the Sticky and Filter Keys in Windows | TechRepublic

Do you have a mouse with extra buttons? If so, try to remap the loca and squad shortcut keys to those extra keys.

If the above steps do not fix the problem, please post your own thread in the tech support forum, I'll continue to help you in the new thread.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 16:18   #64
nicoX
Supporting Member

I have a weird Mumble problem, the mouse key I have my squad speak on don't work. It's bind in the settings but when I click on it nobody hears me and my name isn't getting red in Mumble.
To make it work I need to set the same key again in settings every time before I start the game or during the game. It's so strange because the key is already set in Mumble configuration...

It's the same for all the other key binds, but I only need to set on then the other will work.

nicoX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 19:27   #65
nicoX
Supporting Member

I found the glitch. When I start PR, my Creative sound settings auto change profile, from Entertainment to Game. It's only in Game I can use X-FI.
I start Mumble before the auto profile change takes place. And there is the glitch, if I start Mumble before the game starts the key bindings wont work. Not H not *,/ or any other, I need to ALT-TAB and just change one value for them to start working. Or I first start PR and then Mumble so I don't have to do it.

I hope this can be fixed in a future release.

Last edited by nicoX; 2012-06-22 at 19:34..
Old 2012-06-24, 08:53   #66
guru951
Supporting Member

First off. Thank you for providing the community this awesome tool. We are pleased and indebted to you.

I followed the step by step instructions you provided on setting up Mumble Beta.
However, I cannot hear anyone (I assume they're speaking) and they cannot hear me from what I know.
I have the proper input/output devices selected and echo cancellation is off.
Now a couple of questions.

1. When you say that you can launch PR and Mumble in one click, are you saying that I launch PR and Mumble will launch with it, put me in the right server and all that? Or do I have to launch Mumble, then PR and let Mumble do its thing?

2. When I launch Mumble it asks me for my username. Easy enough. Once I hit ok, it gives me a box that says "wrong certificate or password."
"Wrong certificate or password for registered user. If you are certain this user is protected by a password please retry. Otherwise abort and check your certificate and username."
There is a box to put my username or certificate info in.
I tried putting my user name, it says it's wrong.
Do I need to do this to connect to a server?
I close the prompt and it gives me a list of servers, none of which I can tell have to do anything with PR.

Please, inform me of what I am doing wrong, or right. Thank you.

Yes. I am running in admin mode.

Last edited by guru951; 2012-06-24 at 10:16..
Old 2012-06-24, 15:40   #67
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru951 View Post
First off. Thank you for providing the community this awesome tool. We are pleased and indebted to you.

I followed the step by step instructions you provided on setting up Mumble Beta.
However, I cannot hear anyone (I assume they're speaking) and they cannot hear me from what I know.
I have the proper input/output devices selected and echo cancellation is off.
Now a couple of questions.

1. When you say that you can launch PR and Mumble in one click, are you saying that I launch PR and Mumble will launch with it, put me in the right server and all that? Or do I have to launch Mumble, then PR and let Mumble do its thing?

2. When I launch Mumble it asks me for my username. Easy enough. Once I hit ok, it gives me a box that says "wrong certificate or password."
"Wrong certificate or password for registered user. If you are certain this user is protected by a password please retry. Otherwise abort and check your certificate and username."
There is a box to put my username or certificate info in.
I tried putting my user name, it says it's wrong.
Do I need to do this to connect to a server?
I close the prompt and it gives me a list of servers, none of which I can tell have to do anything with PR.

Please, inform me of what I am doing wrong, or right. Thank you.

Yes. I am running in admin mode.
Answer to Question #1:
There are many ways to start PRmumble and PR,
the easiest way is to start PRMumble as Admin, connect to the PRmumble server, then start PR. PRMumble will then auto recognize the pr.exe executable running and 'hook' into it and you'll be auto swapped between PRMumble channels.

When I said "start PRMumble and PR in one click" I am referring to creating a small batch file that automates the above steps.

Answer to Question #2.
At some point in the past you registered your username with the main PRMumble server. When you register, your PC at the time was assigned a certificate. Somehow the cert has been separated from your PC, or PRMumble install, or something.
We got two solutions,

simple way, change your name from guru951 to guru951_

complicated way, send a private message to BloodyDeed, who is the R-Dev in charge of PRMumble server certs, and when he gets the time he'll erase your certificate on the server side. Contact him with a in-forum private message here: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/pri...=newpm&u=22035
Note , it might take some time for him to respond. We're all volunteers and it's the start of summer.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 21:10   #68
guru951
Supporting Member

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd,

That was rather easy. Just went with using the underscore. Thanks so much.

guru951 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 00:22   #69
totte1015
Banned

Update the links, i cant download it, and the restart thing doesnt work
totte1015 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 06:20   #70
MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by totte1015 View Post
Update the links, i cant download it, and the restart thing doesnt work
Can you be more specific? Which links and what are you trying to download?
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, prmumble, tips, tricks