project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-10-09, 06:02   #61
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Falklands feedback general

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerof_D View Post
i love it, it's a fantastic map. The VD is beautifully long. It could use a little more color but thats about it the color scheme is a bit bland and lifeless when playing infantry. You can also definitely use some new rock geometries. the giant boulders seem out of place, perhaps in time those can be replaced by jagged rock faces.
Cheers, colours are pretty much based on what's there more or less and also being set in winter, and ye could use a bunch of new jagged rocks and also could be better placed, 99% of the rocks where placed with 3DsMax scatter function

Quote:
not sure if this is a thing, but using the taxi engines on the harrier causes the plane to nose forward off of it's rear wheels. almost flipped a couple of times. perhaps giving it a threshold where it's forward thrust is 0 and hover function is also still at 0 is the answer.
Ye, if you have any negative throttle taxing is much harder. Put your throttle up to around 10%, as long as it doesn't go above 19% then your engines wont start up and you can taxi much better then

We did try to add some stabilizers to the Harriers but still need to do some more work there but not sure how much more they can really do.

Quote:
as for the lack of bleeding on jets, are you sure you just haven't reached the bleeding point? just like other vehicles you don't start to bleed till you have fire. i have bleed out in the sky quite a few times.
There was a couple of jets that where not "bleeding" when in critical damage, but these have been fixed in the v0.182 server side patch, hopefully there isn't any others

Old 2012-10-09, 17:49   #62
Vicious302
Banned

I assumed such a large map would be for 100p+ only. I'm not even going to attempt to load up on a map 4x bigger without an increase in players. Just doesn't make any sense at all to me, I thought all servers would be getting the 100p code for this, otherwise they shouldn't get a liscense for it. ::Banging my head against wall::

AND what is up with the lights on INSIDE the houses during the night version? They should be OUTSIDE! Otherwise it completely renders the buildings useless.
Old 2012-10-09, 17:52   #63
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Yeah, I can't go back to 64 players Falklands after the 100p server.
Old 2012-10-09, 19:03   #64
40mmrain
Supporting Member

the east falkland, to only part where the fighting takes place for inf is actually really small. Smaller than a 4KM, at least. 90% of the 16x16 is only there for proper jet combat. YOu can seel malo, and goose green from fitz, and pretty much the whole map from mount malo..

100p improves every PR map, really, and like the rest theyre all still playable at 32v32
Old 2012-10-09, 19:17   #65
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious302 View Post
I assumed such a large map would be for 100p+ only. I'm not even going to attempt to load up on a map 4x bigger without an increase in players. Just doesn't make any sense at all to me, I thought all servers would be getting the 100p code for this, otherwise they shouldn't get a liscense for it. ::Banging my head against wall::

AND what is up with the lights on INSIDE the houses during the night version? They should be OUTSIDE! Otherwise it completely renders the buildings useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40mmrain View Post
the east falkland, to only part where the fighting takes place for inf is actually really small. Smaller than a 4KM, at least. 90% of the 16x16 is only there for proper jet combat. YOu can seel malo, and goose green from fitz, and pretty much the whole map from mount malo..

100p improves every PR map, really, and like the rest theyre all still playable at 32v32
Yes the ground combat area is only really a 3km by 2km area. You can easily play it with 64 players, but like any 4km map, is better with 100p.

Old 2012-10-09, 19:47   #66
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
... but like any -snip- map, is better with 100p.
Fixed for ya

Old 2012-10-09, 22:54   #67
Cavazos

It is very difficult to deal with the enemy armor as Argentinian infantry.mso the Argentinian air force is better at CAS? I can see how that helps balance out the Scimitar. It can also be highly dependent on pilot skill if you can defend against armor. In my experience thus far, I had no issues with enemy air.

The buildings are good cover against them. There were a few times I was surprised they could take out a supply truck behind Argentinian lines with such accuracy, but perhaps a sniper with a GLTD was spotting.

Perhaps more flags can start as Argentinian and using the mainly defensive anti armor guns and statics will help balance against this more.
Old 2012-10-11, 19:33   #68
fabioxxxx

so the brits fought against the LVTP-7 and destroyed a few... don't see why is not in the standard mode it's part of the war ...

now you can say "No this game mode takes place after the initial invasion so you can't have LVTP-7, its the dev law Uahhaha" *evil laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux
Finally, where are the Argies LVTP-7s?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-287LEgcrwk...25281%2529.jpg
http://dmn.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/w...klands-War.jpg

Also I read that somewhere :
Quote:
Argentina?s LVTP-7s went home after the initial invasion (with two losses to LAW and recoilless rifle), leaving only AML-90s as the defending armoured force, and they spent the entire war in Port Stanley.
Could this be the reason?
Yes you answered your own question there

The LVTP-7s are part of the Skirmish 32 layer for this reason.
Old 2012-10-11, 19:35   #69
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Yeah it could be fine to have the LVPT-7s on the field. Even if the scimi would win, it would still give the argies an armored transport vehicle with a weapon..
Old 2012-10-11, 21:14   #70
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabioxxxx View Post
so the brits fought against the LVTP-7 and destroyed a few... don't see why is not in the standard mode it's part of the war ...

now you can say "No this game mode takes place after the initial invasion so you can't have LVTP-7, its the dev law Uahhaha" *evil laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux
Finally, where are the Argies LVTP-7s?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-287LEgcrwk...25281%2529.jpg

Also I read that somewhere :
Quote:
Argentina?s LVTP-7s went home after the initial invasion (with two losses to LAW and recoilless rifle), leaving only AML-90s as the defending armoured force, and they spent the entire war in Port Stanley.
Could this be the reason?
Yes you answered your own question there

The LVTP-7s are part of the Skirmish 32 layer for this reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
Yeah it could be fine to have the LVPT-7s on the field. Even if the scimi would win, it would still give the argies an armored transport vehicle with a weapon..
TBH I'm getting a bit sick of this suggestion....

Ignoring the fact it was only used in the initial invasion then went back to Argentina straight after, well before the British naval task force arrived, what do you guys really expect this LVTP-7 to really be able to do against the Scimitar?

Pretty much everyone complains how bad the AAVP7A1 is against enemy armour and hell, that has a 40mm Grenade Launcher with AP rounds... This on the other hand only has a single HMG, and not even an M2HB like the AAVP7A1 has, but instead the M85 .50cal HMG which its only party trick is it has tow rates of fire to choose from, (slow and fast, fast being normal HMG ROF).

Now even if I totally ignored historical accuracy and added this in, what do you really think it would do, go off alone hunting down the Scimitar? More like the other way around. This would only be good for use as an APC (which right now they already have well more transport from the get go than the Brits), and possibly shooting up the odd infantry squad but nothing like to the effectiveness of the Scimitar and ye, easy pickings for anything, being jets, even AT (being a much bigger target that's less effective at range and also the Brits get a Milan).

I know this suggestion has came up as everyone is quite frustrated on being on the receiving end of the Scimitar and not being able to "deal with it themselves" and for that reason in the v0.182 Server Side Patch I increased its delayed spawn time from 20mins to 30mins but the biggest thing you guys need to adapt and change your tactics for these kind of things.

The most effective weapon I've found against the Scimitar is CAS, where it has no defence other than Harriers and ground AA, both of which you can easily work around as a pilot. I've already killed the Scimitar twice with the A-1H Skyraider (and only flown it in one round so far) by just spamming rockets at it after getting intel from the ground on where it was. I admit this means you need to rely heavily on your teams pilots and if they are rubbish, or the enemy team have much better pilots then your going to struggle but the A-1H only has a 5min spawn, in close proximity to where the Scimitar is and it really doesn't take much to take off, fly around and destroy it.

I agree in the long run the Argies need to get an AML 90 but we don't have one right now and the closest thing I can think of as a place holder is a T-62 and even to put that in would require a client side update which I want to avoid but I really do think once you guys start to adapt to the map and its scenario and make the Scimitar a big objective then you guys will find it much easier to hunt it down, working together with CAS and other elements to bring it down.

Tags
falklands, feedback, general