project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: Thoughts on the current (WIP) supression effect
I like it a lot 48 35.29%
I don't mind it 22 16.18%
I dislike it 11 8.09%
I think it needs more work 68 50.00%
I think it should be left it as-is 5 3.68%
I think it should go 17 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-28, 16:52   #61
bigwookie

Default Re: (POLL) do you like the suppression effect ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
though its still quite early im liking the fact that it seems the majority of the community do like the effect (though wanting improvements) unlike what was previously thought, which looks more like a few outspoken people.
not really as you weighted the questions in such a way that you was bound to get the result you wanted plus a lot of people who don't like the effect wont be arsed to vote or say anything because they'll either get battered down by the "realism" crowd or know the Devs wont listen anyway so what's the point...
Old 2008-07-28, 16:58   #62
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwookie View Post
not really as you weighted the questions in such a way that you was bound to get the result you wanted plus a lot of people who don't like the effect wont be arsed to vote or say anything because they'll either get battered down by the "realism" crowd or know the Devs wont listen anyway so what's the point...
1. i didn't make the poll
2. also i dont see how its weight against people who dislike it, the dislike and remove combined have less than like it alot, and "I think it needs more work" i interpret as people like the effect though would like changes to it like whats coming in .8
3. you can't see who voted

Old 2008-07-28, 17:16   #63
bigwookie

meh, doesn't really matter, even if 50% of people said "I think it should go" we all know nothing would happen anyway
Old 2008-07-28, 17:36   #64
Tofurkeymeister

I like the idea. The only problem is that my FPS on Medium is... special to say the least. I have a 7300GT so it ain't (yes, ain't) that bad but still...

Needless to say I have ordered an 8800GT of Newegg, so I'll probably complain less. (For those of you who don't know, the effect is FPS based)
Last edited by Tofurkeymeister; 2008-07-28 at 17:37.. Reason: unwanted link
Old 2008-07-28, 17:45   #65
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwookie View Post
meh, doesn't really matter, even if 50% of people said "I think it should go" we all know nothing would happen anyway
i know, i didn't make the thread for that reason, i made it to see if the community wanted it gone or stay either in this form or refined. and you can see the results

Old 2008-07-28, 17:56   #66
Waaah_Wah
Banned

I have a GeForce 6800 but i still love the effect.. Exept when im on Fools Road, coz on that map i often end up with 15 fps and then i go completely blind for ages
Old 2008-07-28, 17:59   #67
gazzthompson

i liked the effect when i got 15 fps on most maps, now i have 100 :P

Old 2008-07-28, 18:05   #68
Scot
Supporting Member

I used to play all on low with 25 fps, got it, thought it was rocking! now i got 8800gt and play with 90-100 and still love it! the thing is wookie, its a smaller majority that don't want it, so there isn't really an argument, i admit it needs work, but not removal.

Old 2008-07-28, 18:43   #69
bigwookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScot666 View Post
I used to play all on low with 25 fps, got it, thought it was rocking! now i got 8800gt and play with 90-100 and still love it! the thing is wookie, its a smaller majority that don't want it, so there isn't really an argument, i admit it needs work, but not removal.
80 ish people voted out of 100/1000 that play, the questions where weighted and anyone who isnt "realism" have learnt that it isnt worth bothering about anything any more just like i probably wont voice anything more on here and keep it for the alternate PR site. So i see it as either most people by now have left PR who dont like the direction PR is going or the realism crowd have battered any real debate out of the ones that are still left.

its taken me this long to post something here after i was unbanned as like most i cant be arsed any more...
Old 2008-07-28, 18:55   #70
Scot
Supporting Member

So what, may i ask is your suggestion?

Tags
effect, poll, suppression