project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: Which do you use?
Keyboard and mouse 207 46.52%
Joystick 120 26.97%
pure keyboard 49 11.01%
mixture ( specify ) 69 15.51%
Voters: 445. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-26, 11:07   #61
Alex6714

Default Re: Do you use joystick or mouse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanvlan View Post
Probably the greatest thing i have ever bought ey i mean arent they just sweet! how long have you had yours?
Agree, Can´t remember how long I have had it, maybe almost a year but I am not sure.
Old 2008-09-27, 06:30   #62
Paige

I use a Nostromo N52 Speed Pad and a Mouse, and I also have a Freedom 2.4 for flying, But it sucks, it's cordless.
I will never again buy anything cordless for gaming.

Old 2008-09-27, 10:13   #63
spitfiRe-

Basic, but i'm pretty good with it ( planes & choppa's )
Attached Thumbnails
image1.jpg  
Old 2008-09-28, 01:58   #64
Onil
PR Tournament Management

Cyber Snipa Keypad + Razer DeathAdder for everything. I mostly only fly transport choppers or attack LB, never fly planes.
Old 2008-09-29, 19:48   #65
tehb2

G15 Keyboard, G5 Mouse (single thumb button, but thinking about maybe the newer 2 button), and joysticks are only for jets.

Mice are smoother, and sensitivity adjusting mice are great for changing between weapons and vehicles. (In BF2142, I can crank it to 2000dpi for railguns to overcome the slow movement, which is secretly the single deadliest weapon in the game.) The thumb button is great for quickly switching to a frequent item. In vBf2 it was my defribulator, in COD4 it was my nades, and in PR its my VOIP key.

Joysticks are only for jets. I've tried it for helo's, but in PR especially, its just not stable enough. I had to keep adjusting to little pressures I might have put on it, was VERY hard to land, and just not as quick in maneuvering. My mouse driven helo's are Night Stalker quality.
Old 2008-09-29, 20:03   #66
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehb2 View Post

Joysticks are only for jets. I've tried it for helo's, but in PR especially, its just not stable enough. I had to keep adjusting to little pressures I might have put on it, was VERY hard to land, and just not as quick in maneuvering. My mouse driven helo's are Night Stalker quality.
It comes with practice, for me the mouse seems 100x more unstable. I can fly with it, but I can´t do anything like the moves I can with a joystick, plus I feel I have much more control.
Old 2008-10-23, 07:07   #67
Proff3ssorXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Alex6714 View Post
It comes with practice, for me the mouse seems 100x more unstable. I can fly with it, but I can´t do anything like the moves I can with a joystick, plus I feel I have much more control.
I feel the same way.

Logitech 3D Pro here. Quite happy with it, compared to the freedom 2.4 - that thing would need re-caliberating every half minute...
Old 2008-10-23, 13:46   #68
Ablack77
Supporting Member

I use a joystick for everything that fly's.

Tho I don't usually fly unless it's really necessary because I can't stand waiting for aircraft to spawn or being in competition with other people waiting for them ie:

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Old 2008-10-23, 22:32   #69
martov

keyward gives me the best control
Old 2009-11-19, 20:04   #70
rampo

Flying a heli whit a joystick makes things alot more harder, mouse gives me alot more precision

Tags
joystick, mouse