project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-23, 06:58   #61
Solid Knight
Default Re: AK-47 Accuracy... really?

I've fired both weapons. In my experience the AK was harder to use--comparatively of course. I hate the sights as it takes more of a mental effort to use them and the gun tends to shift a lot more when fired. While I will not argue that you can't achieve a good level of accuracy (or rather consistency) with the AK; I just find that it takes a bit more practice than the AR15. My point is really that the AR15 is easier to work with baring maintenance.
Old 2009-05-23, 21:26   #62
Human_001

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJudgeX View Post
Thanks for posting. Thats a very educational video. Such information as these may save our life one day even in civilian world.

I now know how weak the 5.56mm rounds are against such cover as cinder blocks. I mean 19 meter? It can't even penetrate bricks used in civilian housing from 45 degree angle at 19 meter. Although it penetrated brick-manekin-wall-manekin when shot from straight on. It seems light and fast caliber are vulnerable against hard cover such as bricks.

But looking at test resuslts of full size rifle round it penetrates brickwall-vest-wall-wall an entire structure. Now I wonder if it was any useful hiding behind those brick houses when WWII soldiers were fighting. These are very nice knowledge to gain.
Old 2009-06-20, 10:15   #63
Sgt.Desert Tiger[TR]

Wink Re: AK-47 Accuracy... really?

here penetration video
Ak47 number one combat rifle
M16 number two

You see that Ak47 have more penetration then M16
M16 only has faster firing speed then Ak47 and little accuracy
Old 2009-06-20, 11:11   #64
Ome99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
the second youtube link seems to have been removed.

i've never shot an ak47, but from what i've understood, ammo has a noticeable effect on grouping. i've also understood that there's a slight difference comparing top shelf ammunition in western stores through a gun you might own.

now visualize maltreated ak47s with old surplus or leftover ammunition from the afghan war ;P

Yea, but never or even close to the extent of inaccuracy of AK47 in PR
Old 2009-07-05, 17:47   #65
Taliban-IED
Banned

M16 isnt Accurate as many people think... the ar caliber is very small, that makes it inaccurate when it comes to wind changes and anything that is in the air, its pritty easy to change the direction of the bullet and it have low stoping and penetrate power, only good at unarmed people like civilians. And dont talk about the logistic what it needs, but u know it all. But m16 bullet is pritty quick but thats all, quick and cute.
Ak is for real men, in this mod is it about not how real its get, its about it would be great if it was real^^
Old 2009-07-05, 18:16   #66
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliban-IED View Post
M16 isnt Accurate as many people think... the ar caliber is very small, that makes it inaccurate when it comes to wind changes and anything that is in the air, its pritty easy to change the direction of the bullet and it have low stoping and penetrate power, only good at unarmed people like civilians. And dont talk about the logistic what it needs, but u know it all. But m16 bullet is pritty quick but thats all, quick and cute.
sources please, not just opinionated claims

Old 2009-07-05, 18:20   #67
Jazz

If you are trying to fight a long range battle with the unscoped insurgent classes... you are doing it wrong. The AK accuracy is fine. I still use it often as insurgent and Chechen. You have to maneuver in close to use it effectively.
Old 2009-07-06, 10:04   #68
Ca6e

Hay there i coming from Slovenia and in the army we used a AK47 by Zastava, couse is the best AK47 with little bit longer barrel. We were shooting at 100 300 and 500 meters, its all deadly. But we also test other Nato weapons, and we came to conclusion that AK47 have more penetraiting power but has less accurency at 300 and 500 meters. Also we came to concl. that if u are hit By AK47 is not deadly as M16/M4, couse have longer and ticker bullets (5.56mm). Ak47 have exit wound behind impact point, wound is much less complicated for healing then with M16 couse has impact points in lower torso end exit wounds is near neck. Ak47 is better at close range against infantry with body armour.
Solute
Old 2009-07-06, 10:18   #69
[MPN]Slouch2

Perhaps the reduced accuracy is to represent the Insurgents lack of marksmanship training?

Do the Chechen AK's have reduced accuracy as well?
Old 2009-07-06, 12:38   #70
RHYS4190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliban-IED View Post
^^

hear that stright from the torrorist's mouth lol, just kinding, i agree the 223 is out of date it was made for the cold war times have changed.

The 223, was designed really on the premise of the findings that most engagement take place around 300m, so the army did not care about exceeding those parameter’s. second they wanted the bullets to be light, so the solder could easily be able to carry extra ammunition. And also the finding's that the more rounds fired increases the chance of fatality,
so going by that logic
So being able to carry more Ammo and fire at high rates of fire more accurately then the Russians that really was the whole idea.
Closed Thread

Tags
accuracy, ak47