project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
13 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2016-06-26, 08:19   #71
arjan

Default Re: Automatic Rifles OP

Leave deviation to the military advisors that are on the dev team to advise . I am curious where the feedback is based on that it should be changed as those things are just as lethal in the real world as they can hit perfectly fine with proper techniques over 200-300 meters.

And this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsy View Post
This is where the COD myths come out, people believe that MGs and ARs are wildly inaccurate bullet hoses. The standard when I was a machine gunner in the army was first round hits with the c6 SF/c2 combo at 1600m, even with a bare naked c6 first burst hits off a bipod out to 800-1000m were not overly difficult. Then you have the c9(m249) which is just as if not more accurate than a c7 rifle.
I've seen guys on exercise perform better than what you are capable of doing in PR. E.g. hitting the deck and get a accurate burst out in less than 4 seconds with the pop up targets going down.
Last edited by arjan; 2016-06-26 at 08:25..
Old 2016-06-27, 00:48   #72
Gerfand

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfire93 View Post
what do really mean by suppression but not killing ?

you need a gun that can waste a lot of bullets and ammo but yet doesn't do any damage to the enemy team ?
I never sad that, the only thing that I sad was that it needed more recoil so is treated more as a suppression weapon than an accuracy weapon(while not going crazy on the Nerf, like I sad only the annoying COD recoil... which in that game would be the "Viewkick")
Gerfand is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 20:43   #73
Hunt3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerfand View Post
I never sad that, the only thing that I sad was that it needed more recoil so is treated more as a suppression weapon than an accuracy weapon(while not going crazy on the Nerf, like I sad only the annoying COD recoil... which in that game would be the "Viewkick")
This is unrealistic. SAWs are something like 22 pounds and have almost no recoil as a result.

If you're going to nerf ARs/MGs it should be on the basis of things like sight-in and deviation settling time, which is already worse than rifles. The suppression effect should not be changed as fear of staring at a black respawn screen is more than enough of a deterrent.

This game is already highly realistic in the sense that even at 300m it is unlikely that you will be able to rapidly engage and take someone out unless they're AFK and strongly incentivizes closing with the enemy. There is no need to change infantry in this regard.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 18:55   #74
oakman26

Tangentially related, would it make sense to give the MEC AR kit the eotech / irons MG3 and the MG kit the elcan MG3?

The MEC MG3 is both the best AR and the best MG kit in the game currently it seems.
oakman26 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-29, 12:15   #75
Heavy Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakman26 View Post
Tangentially related, would it make sense to give the MEC AR kit the eotech / irons MG3 and the MG kit the elcan MG3?

The MEC MG3 is both the best AR and the best MG kit in the game currently it seems.
High recoil makes it less accurate, frequent reloads are a problem aswell. I think it's rather well balanced. As much as I like both variations on MEC, a 200 round box on the ironsighterd M249 is still my best choice.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, rifles