project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-05-25, 22:55   #71
ZondaX15
Default Re: Critical Open Tasks

Don't you just love it when the 'magic wand tool' works exactly the way you want it to? :P
Here's what I've come up with now.

Old 2012-05-25, 23:28   #72
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

that looks great! awesome work man

Old 2012-05-26, 04:30   #73
ZondaX15

Just did the Dragger. Modified the Mirage skin aswell, just so it looked ok with the same drop tanks.

Old 2012-05-26, 05:39   #74
ZondaX15

Just finished the drop tanks. There is some overlapping UVs in there, so I did the best with what I had.

I know that in these screenshots they're pretty plain looking (like, not panel lines or anything), but rest assured, I have fixed it now
Old 2012-05-26, 07:17   #75
Doc.Pock

looks awesome as always.
rhino ill see how many of my old refs i can find between the pile you gave me as i mixed it all...
Old 2012-05-26, 09:32   #76
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye the drop tanks are modified harrier ones and its UVs are quite odd, not properly stitched up etc, realized that after I had done all its lods and then tried to make an AO map for it
Might try and fix the UVs up a bit later

Looking good but I don't think both of them should have the yellow bits, even if a slightly different layout think only the Dagger should have the yellow bits to make it more easily identifiable at range from the mirage

Also the daggers nose needs tweaking a bit, currently the black comes back way too far. Also shouldn't have "Mirage III" under the cockpit and should instead have the other markings we talked about, take it you just haven't got round to that yet
Also checking the Mirages refs I think the black on its nose should be shorter too.

The glass on both of them also needs redoing since orignally the glass wasn't UVed to the main sheet, one of the fixes I made but I UVed it to a semi-emtpy part of the sheet, but it had all thous details on the glass which needs to be made a somewhat plain colour if you can
Also the HUD glass needs to be fixed too, currently brown on that texture.

Other than that looking good so far!

@DP: if you can simplest thing to do is just upload everything you have in that case, both your old ones and my new ones

Cheers!

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2012-05-26 at 09:50..
Old 2012-05-26, 10:29   #77
Doc.Pock

will do...

question for u rhino:
my model starts to dissapear in viewport when im zooming in and it worked yesterday and it dissappers far away....
Old 2012-05-26, 10:40   #78
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

haven't had that problem but I haven't used traditional max viewport tools since I got my spacepilot

Old 2012-05-26, 10:48   #79
Doc.Pock

well i scaled up and down a bit till it wrked lol. thnx adriaan
Old 2012-05-26, 10:49   #80
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

BTW you should really work in 1:1 metric scale, makes everything so much simpler for the exporter.

Tags
critical, open, tasks