project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2007
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-13, 10:39   #71
danshyu

It'd be cool if an AI controlled fighter bomber or other sorta aircraft would appear from the edge of the map to come drop the load.

And friendly fighter pilots would get a chance to intercept it to save the troops on the ground.

I doubt it can be done though heh.
Old 2007-12-13, 19:57   #72
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Heh, troops are going to have to learn how to disengage when one of these things is accidentally dropped on their heads. Anyone who hangs around after hearing one of these is inbound is going to get mighty pissed off lol.

Remember folks: If you see an enemy squad rabbiting from a CP that your side has a heavy presence at, you might wanna run too

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Old 2007-12-13, 20:48   #73
Ironcomatose

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshyu View Post
It'd be cool if an AI controlled fighter bomber or other sorta aircraft would appear from the edge of the map to come drop the load.

And friendly fighter pilots would get a chance to intercept it to save the troops on the ground.

I doubt it can be done though heh.
Thats very unrealistic unless the fighter is like real high. Because as you see in any video(including the one used to make this one) you can barely see the planes up high when they drop those things.
Old 2007-12-14, 00:18   #74
Viper5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcomatose View Post
Thats very unrealistic unless the fighter is like real high. Because as you see in any video(including the one used to make this one) you can barely see the planes up high when they drop those things.
Yes, well, jets fly real high...
Old 2007-12-14, 05:35   #75
99lynx

that is amazing
Old 2007-12-14, 05:41   #76
Ironcomatose

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]Viper5 View Post
Yes, well, jets fly real high...
I see your being sarcastic there bud. What he was saying is a jet flying low like you would see in the youtube videos of scripted jets flights. I know thats what he was thinking because when he said that you could shoot it down the only way that would be possible as a point of gameplay is if it were low enough that you could see it. If its high(like is should be) i can bet that 95% of the time your pilots will be doing something(bombing or w/e) and wont bother to look up that high for that speeding jet. Meaning its not worth doing it the right way and its unreal to do it in a way that would make it worth it.

I think the DEVs should just have a loud jet sound roar over the battlefield(something like the supply drop) before the bomb is dropped. I would be happy with that.
Old 2007-12-14, 08:42   #77
Ghost1800

judging from the size of that explosion... that doesn't give you a hell of a lot of time to move.
Old 2007-12-18, 02:39   #78
creepin
Thumbs up

but no one has answered yet how this bomb (s) is/are goin to be implemented into the game

like arty or amnual drop by plane or what?

by the way, that was damn awesome there, u shud make a vid how it look inside that village
i mean it must be amazing with all that smoke!
Old 2007-12-18, 03:39   #79
Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepinshadow24/7 View Post
but no one has answered yet how this bomb (s) is/are goin to be implemented into the game

like arty or amnual drop by plane or what?
like vanilla arty; the SL requests it and the commander accepts.
Old 2007-12-18, 04:19   #80
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

All SMs will get 3 of these, correct?

LOL at Mick and Wasteland. I hate to say that I've read My War, I'm a cool guy in a posers body.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

Closed Thread

Tags
jdam, weapon, weapons, wip