project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-12-25, 02:44   #71
Rabbit
Default Re: Tanks losing gun to one frontal AP hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyballs View Post
You're saying that like it matters.
It does, you didnt repair and you got shot trying to out maneuver it. You deserved to die.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-25, 08:15   #72
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
You're saying that like it matters.
Yes it does
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
We set it currently that you can't be tracked at all after taking 1 AP hit to the front armor if you're at 100% HP
Quote:
Fact is we outmanoeuvred the tank to get a 1 shot on it and we get punished for shit game mechanics.
Didn't know driving straight into a tank is outmanoeuvring.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-25, 09:33   #73
VTRaptor

Quote:
You're saying that like it matters. Fact is we outmanoeuvred the tank to get a 1 shot on it and we get punished for shit game mechanics. Get your head out of your ass.
IRL that one shot would send you to hell. Also, "ass shot" when shooting the front facing tank isn't a shitty mechanic?

Anyways, I'm here just for da meme.

VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-25, 11:41   #74
T.E.D.F4257845
PR:BF2 QA Tester

This going a bit off topic, but @Raptor - The difference between inf people discussing asset balance and asset people discussing inf topics is that asset players also do inf regulary where as Majority of inf players don't do assets at all and most of the times don't know what the heck they are talking about.

And here we have this "Reality" argument again. If you really want that reality in, then should make the old era LATs like older RPG7s and LAWs do minimum damage to MBTs as well. I'm sure Albasrah with the untouchable challenger will be fun for the insurgents.

You can't just shove in that "but muh rEaLiTy" to every damn feedback. This is a game afterall (Yes I know it's called Project REALITY, but it's still a game) and right now the mechanic ruins the fun completely. Winning a tank fight right now is like winning a lottery.

"Never underestimate the power of BRDMs in large groups"
T.E.D.F4257845 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-25, 11:47   #75
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

The point some people here tried to get across is that on some maps you will never engage an enemy tank with 100% HP due to terrain damage. Could this threshold be lowered to 90%-100% maybe?
Trying to get away from this concrete incident and shifting it back to an overall discussion btw.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-25, 12:47   #76
VTRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.E.D.F4257845 View Post
This going a bit off topic, but @Raptor - The difference between inf people discussing asset balance and asset people discussing inf topics is that asset players also do inf regulary where as Majority of inf players don't do assets at all and most of the times don't know what the heck they are talking about.

And here we have this "Reality" argument again. If you really want that reality in, then should make the old era LATs like older RPG7s and LAWs do minimum damage to MBTs as well. I'm sure Albasrah with the untouchable challenger will be fun for the insurgents.

You can't just shove in that "but muh rEaLiTy" to every damn feedback. This is a game afterall (Yes I know it's called Project REALITY, but it's still a game) and right now the mechanic ruins the fun completely. Winning a tank fight right now is like winning a lottery.
In my case assets and inf are 50/50, as many maps deny 80% of the server from having fun, as sitting hidden in a bunker, underground or running around and dying to assets is just a waste of time.

You keep getting triggered every time "realism" comes to play, even though in the other topic it was just a secondary argument, it was the only thing you could focus on, while you couldn't respond to the main arguments at all. But if you insist, yeah, let's make RPG7 and LAW (even though modern LAWs are much better than "cold war" versions and RPG-7 has shit ton of different warheads) less lethal, but at the same time buff every other LAT to be able to knock out any MBT with one hull side shot by blowing up ammo or killing the crew or destroying irreplaceable compontents. Albasrah untouchable Challenger would die straight away to a single well aimed SPG shot. Am I seriously suggesting that? No.

I merely came here to laugh about assetwhores dicatating how should infantry gameplay look like, while at the same time denying and in your case insulting the other side and I find it so damn funny, that video hairy dropped which is used here as proof... He rolls onto an enemy tank that is waiting, facing front armor mostly, and that tank is first to score hit. Normally it'd win anyway, but because of shitty game mechanics you could oneshot it from the front. Like that isn't retarded.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-25, 13:01   #77
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
You're saying that like it matters. Fact is we outmanoeuvred the tank to get a 1 shot on it and we get punished for shit game mechanics. Get your head out of your ass.
You frontally attacked enemy tank (why did you call it outmaneuvering?), without full HP (because you did not fully repair), got hit first and you cry to developers as to why the game did not let you win?
Yeah, sounds convincing, Ima remove vehicle disabling system asap.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-25, 13:12   #78
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
The point some people here tried to get across is that on some maps you will never engage an enemy tank with 100% HP due to terrain damage. Could this threshold be lowered to 90%-100% maybe?
Trying to get away from this concrete incident and shifting it back to an overall discussion btw.
There is some leeway to it. AP vs front does around 33.5% damage and disabling wont trigger above 65% HP. In the first engagement the tank was at 1692/1700 (99.5%) from terrain damage. The other tanks were at 1673/1700 (98.4%) and 1685/1700 (99.1%). Only the 98.4% tank was possible to first hit disable. Not entirely sure how he took that much damage, but he did drive around a lot of trees and might have hit one or another

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-25, 14:03   #79
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Disable damage from hitting objects like trees, fences and rocks?

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-25, 14:09   #80
T.E.D.F4257845
PR:BF2 QA Tester

Sigh. The point is = Asset fights are not fun and rewarding atm. I don't get it how hard is it to understand. The skill and experience doesn't matter at all. The knowledge of tank weakpoints / strenghts and weaknesses doesn't matter anymore. An asset crew consisting of players with less than an hour of experience can win against a crew that has played this game for over 10 years just by sheer luck. How is this good game mechanics?

I like the idea that was put forward a while ago about delaying the disabling feature. It's been over 7 months, any update on that? Is it sill something that is being worked on?

"Never underestimate the power of BRDMs in large groups"
T.E.D.F4257845 is offline Reply With Quote