project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
23 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: ONLY Vote if you have given this a fair try ingame! - Do you like this Feature?
Yes, I'm happy the the way it is in the v1.0 OB & in PR:F 13 7.47%
Yes, But I think the taxi speed on the wheels should be slowed down 11 6.32%
Yes it should be implemented, but it would be nice if a "Parking brake" could be added 71 40.80%
No it should not be put in, but if a "Parking Brake" could be applied I would vote Yes 68 39.08%
No, this feature should be fully removed from the mod! 11 6.32%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-09, 10:47   #71
nAyo
Banned
Default Re: Helicopter Wheels #2b

The design is for sure not stable, or at least less stable than skates, but its weight should prevent it from side-flipping, it's a physical fact which doesn't make it very realistic!
Old 2013-08-09, 10:48   #72
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Zhi-9s is most stable and easy-to-fly chopper. It just about pilots who can't adapt.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
Old 2013-08-09, 10:52   #73
nAyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPoXoTauJIo View Post
Zhi-9s is most stable and easy-to-fly chopper. It just about pilots who can't adapt.
Easy-to-fly yes this is for sure, it's very nice piloting it! But please don't tell me I can't adapt lol, I've been flying transport choppers enough to know how to fly.. Yesterday I witnessed 3 Zhi-9 crashes on the pad in one round, I guess it's not pure coincidence
Old 2013-08-09, 11:31   #74
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

Just try to land on it not like on trans heli(formula 1 super speed landing with holding S), but try to land it like kiowa in 0.9x, hovering over pad for few seconds. Zhi-9 is one of helicopters which not moving on helipad, i just don't how it possible to flip it on flat ground unless you drunk.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Old 2013-08-09, 11:36   #75
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPoXoTauJIo View Post
i just don't how it possible to flip it on flat ground unless you drunk.
If you spin the tail round really fast while the engine is powered up it can flip over pretty easily

Old 2013-08-09, 12:28   #76
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

OMG GYUIZE I CAN DO A 360 SPIN ON Z-9 LOOK AT ME!

If serious, pilots just need to stop doing stupid stuff on base. At least if you'll crash on battlefield, you can always say that it was enemy

Old 2013-08-09, 15:14   #77
Predator.v2

My feedback:

Cow on Beirut: Very annoying to keep the russian helo on the ship

Blackhawk on Khamisiyah: BH rolls with around 60 ingame speed. When you hold pitch forward (F on my alternate controls), it would speed up to over 100. After initially i let my BH roll up and down the runway (i was trans squad sql and had to talk to other squads), i decided to get out of my BH when in base and only start the engines, when i got a transport/supply request.
Old 2013-08-09, 16:08   #78
Tarranauha200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator.v2 View Post
My feedback:

Cow on Beirut: Very annoying to keep the russian helo on the ship

Blackhawk on Khamisiyah: BH rolls with around 60 ingame speed. When you hold pitch forward (F on my alternate controls), it would speed up to over 100. After initially i let my BH roll up and down the runway (i was trans squad sql and had to talk to other squads), i decided to get out of my BH when in base and only start the engines, when i got a transport/supply request.
Park BH against the wall, should hold steady.
Old 2013-08-10, 12:16   #79
Microwaife

I love the new rolling wheels on helicopters. But its a huge problem that they dont stay steady on the pad. I've come to the point where I jump out of the chopper in main everytime I land, just because the heli keeps on rolling.

Its a great feature but if the rolling on the pad cant be fixed, it'll have to go. Atleast in my opinion.
Old 2013-08-10, 12:42   #80
Kaix12

The wheels has made it impossible for me to stay on the ground, because on every serface while im on an uneven ground it rolls and it ends up hitting the rotors as it slides down meaning i can't take off and i blow up . ALthough i am not a great pilot it is a lot harder to land now.
Closed Thread

Tags
#2b, helicopter, wheels