project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-10-12, 00:08   #71
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Falklands feedback general

Rhino are you still looking for a ref regarding the sniper rifle that argentinians used?

In that argentinian blog posted here it makes reference to the Steyr SSG 69 PI as a gun for a franco atirador aka sniper.

Old 2012-10-12, 00:25   #72
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturus_Shielder View Post
Rhino are you still looking for a ref regarding the sniper rifle that argentinians used?

In that argentinian blog posted here it makes reference to the Steyr SSG 69 PI as a gun for a franco atirador aka sniper.

Ye I saw that a few days ago when Mayunia posted that link in this topic.

I'm really gutted since that was the orignal Place Holder Sniper Rifle for the Argies, mainly because it was in the MEC kit (which what the Arg kits where made from) and we didn't have anything to swap it out with at the time so it was just left in

It is however only one of many different types of "sniper rifles" used during the Falklands war by the Argies as they don't seem to have had a standard rifle for their snipers and snipers where mainly part of SF teams it seems (note, above pic, they are waring camo, normal Argentinian soldiers didn't have camo).

That being said, they is the only ref I've seen of that rifle being used by the Argeis in the Falklands war, but tbh, its good enough for making it the sniper rifle for the next release as it means we don't need to make a new model etc

Old 2012-10-12, 02:29   #73
Igwaith

Thats the "Compania de Comandos 602 o 601" Special forces, company 601 or 602 i'm not sure..
Regular soldiers used Mauser and FM FAL with scope, SF anything they could get or want it.

It's not a bad idea to have it like sniper rifle, it's a nice model, and it's already done! hehe :P
Old 2012-10-12, 02:33   #74
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye there are many conflicting sources on the Mauser being used as a sniper rifle, many saying that they where phased out before the war, although I have seen one pic with one in it on the Falklands, although it didn't have a scope on it

Old 2013-01-14, 15:00   #75
Lt Col Keith

My recollection was that we were still using the Lee Enfield 303 as the primary sniper rifle. I may be wrong and will stand corrected.
Old 2013-01-14, 15:04   #76
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

My sources tell me the Brits used the L42A1 Sniper Rifle, which is basically the same thing, uses the same bolt system but different barrel etc:

Its part of the open community tasks for PR:F that are up for grabs listed here
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...ity-tasks.html

We are currently using the standard Lee Enfield 303 ingame as a place holder, although has buggy deviation right now so can't hit anything past 500m

Old 2013-01-14, 15:26   #77
Lt Col Keith

Interesting, I had to qualify 5 rounds, 2 inch cluster at 500 yards just to qualify as a rifle man with a FAL FN9, a Lee Enfield 303 and an SA 80; never mind a 2inch cluster with five rounds at 15 ft using a good old Browning.
Old 2013-01-14, 15:45   #78
Lt Col Keith

OK my favourite rifle:
The SA 80, is great for close combat and frankly can't be beaten in modern warfare. The FAL FN9 is great as a an all rounder, but heavy to carry cross terrain, however as a single shot weapon is a man stopper. The Lee Enfield 303 is a superb piece of wood and when you settle into it, you can kill a target at 1000 yards even with iron sites
Old 2013-01-14, 15:59   #79
Lt Col Keith

Sorry, old soldier ramble , please ignore me.
Old 2013-02-04, 07:33   #80
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

On Vehicle Warfare layer left A4C are moving a bit forward right after spawn. After some time it moves away from spawn, and second one spawn, but they collide with themselves, and explode in result, killing third jet too.

Tags
falklands, feedback, general