project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Mapping
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-03-03, 23:43   #71
ShockUnitBlack
Default Re: [Map] Prizrak (4km) [WIP]

'Tis looking very good. There's a lot of good lookin' maps floating around nowadays
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 11:07   #72
Teh0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
I would suggest having tanks on one layer just like Kashan but then having a layer with only APC's to encourage them supporting infantry. The problem with the CV9030 v BMP-2 situation is that the BMP-2 will die much much faster. I understand that the FDF currently still use a large number of BMP-1's and BMP-2's but for simplicities sake keep it solely western tech when going up against the Russians.
All Finnish BMP-1's have been crushed and our BMP-2's don't have ATGM. CV9030 is armored much better, but Russians still have ATGM's on their BMP's and better firerate.

Guys are also modelling Patria Pasi, witch has 12.7 NSV and Patria AMV with same gun, but CROW style. Map should also have these and some BTR-80's and MT-LM's by the Russia.
Teh0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 12:06   #73
samogon100500

BMP-2 has madness firerate,same like some old small guns(200-300 at low,500-800 at high firerate(2a42),BTR-80a firerate -~300).
Finnish should be looks like this?

Also - BMP-2 got wire-guided missile => Stays ~8-10 seconds and don't move => Cannon - main weapon.
samogon100500 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 13:21   #74
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh0 View Post
All Finnish BMP-1's have been crushed and our BMP-2's don't have ATGM. CV9030 is armored much better, but Russians still have ATGM's on their BMP's and better firerate.

Guys are also modelling Patria Pasi, witch has 12.7 NSV and Patria AMV with same gun, but CROW style. Map should also have these and some BTR-80's and MT-LM's by the Russia.
Do you have a link to this Patria with remote .50? I thought it was only available with CROWS/RWS with M2's/Mk19's, not Russian weaponry.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 14:04   #75
temexter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Do you have a link to this Patria with remote .50? I thought it was only available with CROWS/RWS with M2's/Mk19's, not Russian weaponry.
--- deleted --

edit: redundant content deleted, same info in AMV WIP thread

Last edited by temexter; 2011-03-18 at 01:20..
Old 2011-03-17, 14:13   #76
Teh0

Quote:
Yes it is not Russian. Patria is a Finnish corporation. Sorry if I were unclear.

AMV (XA-360) is 8 wheeled vehicle like stryker. FDF has some with 120mm GL, but I am not expecting that to PR. Most only has 12.7 crow NSV.

Pasi (Sisu XA-180) is older 6 wheeled with normal hmg and it has an upgraded version with crows (XA-203)
Teh0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 14:27   #77
temexter
Supporting Member

Quote:

I'd prefer Patria AMV and Sisu XA-186/188 (in early works) as primary ones.

We have wide selection of vehicles. In alt layers we can also use BMP-2 (coming in next PR release AFAIK), BTR80 (in game) and MTLB (in game), which all are still in active duty.

e: correction: BTR80 was only in test when makind decisions on new APC. Finland chose SISU so there's only 2 BTR80's somewhere rottening. So it's not in active duty. Nor are BTR60 variants.

Last edited by temexter; 2011-12-07 at 20:16..
Old 2011-03-17, 14:39   #78
temexter
Supporting Member

Quote:
AMV (XA-360) is 8 wheeled vehicle like stryker. FDF has some with 120mm GL, but I am not expecting that to PR.
The notorious and vicious Patria Amos:

The heart of a old mortar soldier bleeds

temexter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 18:47   #79
NoobSentinel

Nice map, confrontation of Russian and Finnish Forces reminds me my studies about World War 2...the bitter fight of Finnish for their homeland against the Russian...it was touching, and it somehow inspires me...

So keep up the good work!
NoobSentinel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 00:29   #80
temexter
Supporting Member

Any news on this?

temexter is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, map, poxo is ghey, prizrak, wip