project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-05-02, 08:06   #71
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Falklands initial modding topic

cool, do you have a name for that truck?

Also a lot of thous vehicles / skins are incorrect for 1982 falklands, as the version of the A-4 you've done a skin for is a different version from that used in the falklands, with a hump on the back (which the model doesn't have either), same goes for the mirage, modern grey skin etc.

But cheers anyways, the name of that truck would be very useful for future development

EDIT: after a quick google search by image search turns out to be a Mercedes-Benz MB 1112 which also cross checks with this page after googling that name with around 100 of them deployed to the Falklands
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argenti..._Falklands_War

Added to the design plan, cheers!

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2012-05-02 at 08:15..
Old 2012-05-02, 11:51   #72
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

My god Rhino you make life hard for yourself. I would of thought that lot (assuming the guys that made them let you use them) would have been a gold mine for PRF.

I'm all for realism but would've thought it's OK to initially put in the wrong colour Mirage or wrong model A4 as a place holder rather than hold up the whole thing?

Rather than have a two year wait like PRV I think most players could live with (IMHO) minor details like that.

But you, of course, are da boss
Old 2012-05-02, 12:07   #73
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The correct A-4C skin is already in the works on the same A-4 model (from EOD) apart from massively fixed up by me a week ago with bran new lods, cols and loads of smoothing fixes etc (same goes for the mirage in fact which I did the week before that, apart from that model comes from AIX and I have permission to use it).

Mirage IIIEA I already have a better place holder skin from AIX, just needs Argentine flags put on it instead of MEC but still not very accurate skin, just closer than the grey one above.

(A)C-130, ignoring all the guns sticking out the side is from DCON, which has never, ever wanted to trade with us and forgetting that part, really wouldn't serve any purpose for this map as it was mainly a transport plane, don't need that due to spawn points etc and was also a retrofit bomber, which only managed to sink an American tanker it thought was a Brit one.

MD500 Armado, I don't believe was used in the Falklands? Don't see a spot for it ingame if it was.

UH-1H, already got a skin for that from Zonda

M113, don't believe it was used in the Falklands?

LVTP7, pics in the topic are of the POE2 one, not the PR AAVP7A1 which Zonda has already done a skin for

M548, don't think it was used in the Falklands?

VCA 155 Palmaria, pretty sure it wasn't used in the falklands and no real place for it in PR.

And don't worry, this isn't going to be the same release time frame PR:V was

Old 2012-05-02, 22:12   #74
alexandrei07
Banned
Wink Re: Falklands initial modding topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
The correct A-4C skin is already in the works on the same A-4 model (from EOD) apart from massively fixed up by me a week ago with bran new lods, cols and loads of smoothing fixes etc (same goes for the mirage in fact which I did the week before that, apart from that model comes from AIX and I have permission to use it).

- Fuerza Area Argentina

Quote:
Mirage IIIEA I already have a better place holder skin from AIX, just needs Argentine flags put on it instead of MEC but still not very accurate skin, just closer than the grey one above.

- Fuerza Area Argentina

Quote:
(A)C-130, ignoring all the guns sticking out the side is from DCON, which has never, ever wanted to trade with us and forgetting that part, really wouldn't serve any purpose for this map as it was mainly a transport plane, don't need that due to spawn points etc and was also a retrofit bomber, which only managed to sink an American tanker it thought was a Brit one.

- Fuerza Area Argentina

Yes, many of the skins made ​​them more current, so I put this page with skins declared by the Argentine Air Force in Malvinas 1982. - Fuerza Area Argentina

Then I answer your queries
Last edited by alexandrei07; 2012-05-02 at 22:46..
Old 2012-05-02, 22:29   #75
alexandrei07
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
MD500 Armado, I don't believe was used in the Falklands? Don't see a spot for it ingame if it was.
yes, not used, so you can verify that the link I put to the FAA

Do not forget the IA58 Pucara

http://www.fuerzaaerea.mil.ar/conflicto/pucara.html
Last edited by alexandrei07; 2012-05-02 at 22:49..
Old 2012-05-03, 01:34   #76
Rodrijandro

don?t forget

"El Blindado de Malvinas

Sesenta unidades blindadas Panhard AML H 90, fueron adquiridas por el Ej?rcito Argentino en 1977. Fabricadas en 1960 por la empresa francesa Panhard pose?an como caracter?stica principal su f?cil maniobrabilidad, su relativa liviandad (peso en orden de combate de 5,5 toneladas) y su gran autonom?a (entre 500 a 600 kms). Era capaz de desarrollar en caminos pavimentados unos 100 kms por hora. Con una tripulaci?n de tres hombres, estaba bien armado con ca?on DEFA 921 de Cal 90 mm y 2 AA 52 Amet Cal 7,62.
Doce de estos blindados, de los cu?les ocho eran del Destacamento de Exploraci?n de Caballer?a Blindada 181 fueron a las Islas Malvinas. "

El Escuadron Olvidado (Panhard en Malvinas)

http://www.malvinasonline.com.ar/ind...-malvinas.html
Last edited by Rodrijandro; 2012-05-03 at 01:53..
Old 2012-05-03, 06:05   #77
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrei07 View Post
yes, not used, so you can verify that the link I put to the FAA

Do not forget the IA58 Pucara

- Fuerza Area Argentina
Ye while the Pucara would be pretty cool, got no runway on the mainland long enough with the maps scale to launch it from and it would also get base raped to crap (although they where in the war too )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrijandro View Post
don?t forget

Ye the Panhard AML 60/90 would be kinda cool, would need a model being made for it thou from scratch and kinda low priority as a result.

Added it to the design plan as ye, it would be nice to have it in at some point

EDIT: although seems Bao is working on one for the ARF: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f39...ml-90-wip.html

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2012-05-03 at 06:10..
Old 2012-05-05, 08:01   #78
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I thought the Pucaras used a grass strip, no place or space for that anywhere?

But yes after people played with them initially they'd just end up as ticket expensive statics unless all the harriers were downed.

I've seen at least one Puma photo in the Falklands think there were few there, not forgetting their Chinook 'donated' a windscreen to the sole Brit one.
Last edited by PLODDITHANLEY; 2012-05-05 at 08:06..
Old 2012-05-05, 08:17   #79
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
I thought the Pucaras used a grass strip, no place or space for that anywhere?

But yes after people played with them initially they'd just end up as ticket expensive statics unless all the harriers were downed.

Thous 3 locations where used as airbases for Pucaras. Stanley in the top right is too small ingame, Goose Green is also way, way too small. Only one that could possibly be used is Pebble Island in the top left but very exposed and as a result of that did come under heavy attack from both SAS raids and harriers in r/l before the brits even landed so was hardly used, but if we got a Pucara model I would be tempted to put one or two there, adding in some AA defense etc too but is still really short at 250m max, around 1/2 the length of the airfield on Battle of Ia Drang so ye, would be slightly gey lift settings for it

(Using A-1H for scale)

Players could do there own little SAS raids on it too hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
I've seen at least one Puma photo in the Falklands think there were few there, not forgetting their Chinook 'donated' a windscreen to the sole Brit one.
Ye, Argies did have a few pumas and Chinooks but don't want to give the Argies too much flexibility with air transport as they didn't really use them during the conflict for anything much more than SAR.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2012-05-05 at 08:27..
Old 2012-05-05, 22:29   #80
AquaticPenguin

Maybe it would be best to just increase the size of pebble island if the pucara's were to be put in, the map wouldn't be to scale, but that's a small sacrifice for the air support it would give.

On a different note, Until recently I hadn't realised there was a small harrier airstrip set up on the islands. Linky for some interesting reading.

Tags
falklands, initial, minimod, modding, prbf2, thread, topic