project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

View Poll Results: Which set of Voices do you think best fits the Argentinian Faction?
Chinese 9 6.82%
English - British 5 3.79%
English - American 14 10.61%
French 82 62.12%
German 2 1.52%
Hebrew 4 3.03%
Arabic 6 4.55%
Militia (Not sure what language) 4 3.03%
Russian 6 4.55%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-17, 14:09   #71
SShadowFox
Default Re: Argentinian Place Holder Voices

I think that is time to say that French won and close the thread.
Old 2012-07-21, 15:38   #72
Psyko

aaghh....no offence to French people but i don't think French would suit.

I cant believe that there are so few Spanish playing this mod. I think people picked french because its not in the mod yet. Go and actually compare spanish to french on youtube people...if anything spanish sounds closer to something between arabic and russian.

I picked american because i would prefer it to be in English and it would distinguish between british english and *cough* american. At least until there was a suitable replacement.
Old 2012-07-21, 17:58   #73
Linx_esp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
aaghh....no offence to French people but i don't think French would suit.

I cant believe that there are so few Spanish playing this mod.
I think we are more than 50 Spanish playing PR, even more than the argentinians.

Quote:
Go and actually compare spanish to french on youtube people...if anything spanish sounds closer to something between arabic and russian.
You mad, bro? I know Spanish language is a little difficult, but not such
Old 2012-07-21, 22:33   #74
alexandrei07
Banned

Sorry but I think you know nothing of the Argentina, only the madness of Maradona, Tango, meat and the best soccer player in the world "Lionel Messi" , I was born in Argentina and lived all my life in my country, travel for work to several countries Brazil, USA, Germany, and France and I assure you that we have nothing to do with the language rather than derived from the Latin, our mother country is Spain and our official language is Castilian, 200 years after the fudge a little slang , the language closest to use is the mod Spanish, no doubt. Also two members of [RMLa] Argentina are working on the voice but it will take time, I believe that after the launch may make a patch.
Old 2012-07-21, 22:55   #75
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Well I hope they can make those sounds, that would be great. Are they coordinating their efforts with someone from the team? It would be best, as Rhino said prevously, to shoot some lines as example and then give them for approval to Rhino ( or better yet, a dev that has something to do with sounds), to see if they are up to PR quality.

One would say anything is better than having a completely different language, french, but as you yourself have said, alexandrei, "Do it well or dont do it at all", if I recall correctly

Old 2012-07-22, 20:08   #76
WeeD-KilleR
Supporting Member

Put the british voice in there as a placeholder. Just for shit and giggles. Can you imagen how confusion it would be for 2 factions to have the same voice.
Old 2012-07-22, 21:21   #77
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeD-KilleR View Post
Put the british voice in there as a placeholder. Just for shit and giggles. Can you imagen how confusion it would be for 2 factions to have the same voice.
Not very since the only time you hear the enemy voices is when your right up and close to them, which by that time they are hardly using them, if ever

Old 2012-07-23, 02:48   #78
Psyko

well the Moores had spain for a long time so their islamic tongue may have rubbed off on the latin making modern Spanish. I know i dumbed that discription down, but its possible right? Maybe a Spaniard can actually shed some light on the subject.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:27   #79
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
well the Moores had spain for a long time so their islamic tongue may have rubbed off on the latin making modern Spanish. I know i dumbed that discription down, but its possible right? Maybe a Spaniard can actually shed some light on the subject.
Like the portuguese, the spanish adopted a lot of arabic words (the most, actually) - in the era of Reconquista -, but other than that it's not even remotely similar phonetically.

Last edited by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder; 2012-07-23 at 12:48..
Old 2012-07-23, 11:29   #80
Angriff

Quote:
You are essentially right, thought all Romance languages did evolve in a different way, so that even in Spain there are several differentiated Romanic languages. Some of them were less if at all influenced by Arabic as the ocupation of some areas was brief. Castilian aka Spanish was heavely influenced by the Arabic of the time through centuries of wars and cultural exchange and many words remained. But the influence was lesser than, let's say, that of the French and Nordic languages in English, since the Christian Kingdoms that later composed Spain were born out of the Visigoth elite (that previously ruled Spain) very few years after the Islamic conquest.

Tags
argentinian, holder, place, voices