project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2018-10-31, 18:56   #71
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: PR:WW2 Status Update June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok1775 View Post
If you mean legally, no, medics were legally allowed to carry weapons for defensive purposes only. It did not make them valid targets. I believe the unarmed medic convention article was passed in 1948 or 1949. Typically the US carried the M1911 and Germans the P08 or P38. I think this would be reasonable as it's not an offensive weapon unless you're crazy.
While that might be the case, for the European and North African theatre the combattants, outside a few instances, respected the Red Cross markings. So as to not give either side an excuse, a reasonable assumption would be that both sides had their medics not wear weapons at large, but we don't know for sure.

Here's a reddit post, but there isn't a definitive answer: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistoria..._have_weapons/

Quote:
1) A significant respawn timer penalty plus ticket loss? No exception for knives. But then some people may not know/care. Is it possible for the game to distinguish between a gun/melee kill and a splash-damage kill? As a kind of workaround for accidents or medics being human shields. So I concede this may not be practical.
Knifing would mimic the "civi arrest mechanic" in Insurgency, after all, you've got to get rid of people in the capzone somehow :P
And yes, the game can detect which weapon was used to strike down an enemy, otherwise the above would not be possible. If you're familiar with Marlin Insurgency from a few years ago, you may remember that knifing a civi still gave you a penalty because the knife is considered a conventional weapon. Only straps and shotgun shells trigger the arrest behaviour to function as intended.

The problem with "significant" ticket losses is once again the abuse potential and the weird feeling when you end up losing the game because of it, even though you were pushing the enemy back. This is really finnicky, I think we best stick with the behaviour seen in our modern combat scenarios.

Quote:
If the devs were to stick to realistic kit loadouts including pistol-only medics, we wouldn't have an automatic weapon-heavy squad. We would just be short one M1/K98k. I'm assuming there will still be limited kits. You're F-ed without a medic (which personally I believe should be a one per squad limit) and it's a pain to switch squads, wait a couple minutes, pull an AR kit (if it's even available), then switch back. The squad will still be dominated by rifles, and no one gains a machine gun.
I appreciate the effort on your behalf, but the goal was not only to "remove automatic spam" but also "promote them rifles". If I were to mix your idea with the current set-up a Wehrmacht loadout would look like the following:
1 MP40
up to 2 MGs or 1 MG/1 StG
1 G43
2 Kar98k
2 unarmed/pistols

As you've read, this is nowhere near a realistic loadout for a German Infantry squad, but it gets even worse if you drop the numbers down to 6 players:
1 MP40
2 MGs or 1 MG/1 StG
1 G43
2 unarmed/pistol or 1 unarmed/pistol + one Kar98k(LAT)

You see where the problem lies? The Kar98k, the Wehrmacht's primary weapon, appears only on kits that are necessary for a squad to function already, and stripping another 2 of it makes it disappear almost completely. We're already oversaturated with special firearms as it is, please don't advocate it making worse.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Old 2018-11-02, 01:24   #72
Ragnarok1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
While etc...
I get what you're saying, it would be a higher proportion of MGs vs rifles, fair enough.
Old 2018-12-02, 17:42   #73
MertSahin

ww3 about to start guys, pls give us ww2 mod before you start on ww3 mod -_-
Old 2018-12-03, 14:32   #74
[R-DEV]​ALADE3N
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MertSahin View Post
ww3 about to start guys, pls give us ww2 mod before you start on ww3 mod -_-
Perhaps you should be in their place before complaining, you know DEVS have their respective private lives in which they also have duties to make.

Old 2018-12-07, 04:49   #75
MertSahin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeneraLuna View Post
Perhaps you should be in their place before complaining, you know DEVS have their respective private lives in which they also have duties to make.
eh you can call it complaining, i call it asking, someone else would call it begging, maybe another person would call it reminding that we wait for news... still i do not think that i have to be a DEV for such an question but perhaps you know better
Old 2018-12-17, 02:26   #76
SGT.CHRISTIAN

Can't wait to play it!
Old 2018-12-18, 18:49   #77
Ameroth

Thanks for the update, amazing JOB! i want to donate you, maybe next week
Old 2019-02-15, 19:59   #78
KoloWW2

The mod is awesome but omaha beach is not realistic at all
1.) There were no houses at the beach
2.)Cover(Czech Hedgehog,etc.) was spread out,not lined up
3.)Return omaha beach from the beta,it was much more realistic
Old 2019-02-15, 21:55   #79
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoloWW2 View Post
The mod is awesome but omaha beach is not realistic at all
1.) There were no houses at the beach
2.)Cover(Czech Hedgehog,etc.) was spread out,not lined up
3.)Return omaha beach from the beta,it was much more realistic
nigga what?
Old 2019-02-15, 23:26   #80
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

woa rabbit, this guy is clearly an expert.

Closed Thread

Tags
2018, june, prww2, status, update