project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Norwegian Forces
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Norwegian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Norwegian Forces faction.

Old 2009-01-13, 21:27   #71
single.shot (nor)
Default Re: [Vehicle] IVECO LMV [WIP]

PR, meet the new recon vehicle.

now, insurgents are going to have to watch out for 1200 rpm 7.62 MGs
Old 2009-01-13, 21:35   #72
Kaijleor
Retired PR Developer

An example, the Panzerfaust 3 Ive made has 6200 tris, other new weapons have similar tricounts, go for 5k? Why should a big vehicle have less tris than a weapon?
Old 2009-01-13, 21:43   #73
jbgeezer

Wow! That is gotta be one of the best interiors Ive seen! And this is only wip. How do you do this stuff, gotta be impossible!
Old 2009-01-13, 21:49   #74
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

A qualified guess is that the tris per area should be higher the closer and more often the object is to the player. A weapon is always right up in the face where details are needed. You rarely stare into the side of a vehicle.

Also its dependant on how rare the vehicle is.. if there are 20 of them on a map as standard compared to a vehicle class like a tank which are in fewer numbers, its not responsible to put that much detail into it.

That being said, I cant see the problem with this. although I'd try to slim 1-2k off if possible.

Though I havent seen a wireframe of the inside I have a few suggestions:

- All the buttons could be normal mapped in, so off with them in the final model.
- the seats wont really be a focus point, so they could probably be cut down pretty hard.
- Same goes for cylinders used. A few sides off on all cylinders will work wonders on the overall count - and not loose much detail/illusion.

Other than that I personally cant really see the big issues with it.

Once again, great job mate

"Without geometry, life is pointless"
Old 2009-01-13, 21:53   #75
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

like Z said, but also that it's only the interior of a vehicle, while yes it needs to be MUCH more detailed than the 3p model, you also do not have all the outside faces and such so you only need the faces the player can see. You do not need buttons, lumps, etc and extra fine details like screws. All these can be done via a bump map. Yes you can only see 1 1p model at a time but still, this dose not mean you should go crazy. Keep it as optimized as possible and dont waste polys on things that can be done better with a bump map.

EDIT: here is the landy 1p model which is 4k polys.

this is a good 1p model, only shows the faces it needs to, tbh it could have a few faces tripped here and there but not that many and would put more limits on the coder.

Notice how all the ridges in the seat etc are done with bump maps and the texture, if they where all like yours would be like 8k polys.. it simply dose not need to be that high and would be a huge waste.

Now since your 1p model is also for the back seats etc I would say you should aim for 7k polys max.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2009-01-13 at 22:07..
Old 2009-01-14, 08:04   #76
Kaijleor
Retired PR Developer

Not seen faces are deleted (almost all, optimization its not yet finished), I know how to do my job:

now it has about 7600 tris. I should go a few hundred tris lower, but thats it, I will not turn it into a shitty low poly model.
Old 2009-01-14, 08:11   #77
Desertfox

Very nice work kaij
Old 2009-01-14, 08:43   #78
halvor1

I trust this dude:P So no worries guys, this dude will deliver!
Old 2009-01-14, 16:38   #79
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

yep much better providing you have also taken away thous poly bits that could easily be done with a bump map as that was my main concern

Old 2009-01-15, 09:36   #80
MAINERROR
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Austria will get 150 of these. Keep it up can't wait to see the finished model.

Tags
iveco, lmv, vehicle, wip