project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Dutch Forces
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Dutch Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Dutch Forces faction.

Old 2011-02-05, 12:35   #71
MaxBooZe
Default Re: [REQUEST]Dutch / European Statics needed [HEAVY IMAGE] [Heavy Image]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
First editor shots, but without proper normalmap and completely without specularmap. Poylcount is at 2k. Textures are
one dxt1 colortexture @512x512px (170kb),
one dxt5 detailmap @512x512 (341kb) and
one normalmap dxt1 @512x512 (170kb)
=681kb for textures. Zipped they are @ 221kb should be small enough imho.

Any crits are welcome! The model should be finished till next weekend.
Coincidence?

Old 2011-03-28, 14:47   #72
Jantje|NL^
Default Re: [REQUEST]Dutch / European Statics needed [HEAVY IMAGE] [Heavy Image]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteMyre View Post
Where do you live :S
I live in Leiden and we got some big-ass cathedrals

Pieterskerk
Wow, quite funny to find someone on these forums who lives in the same city as I do,.. Well, I actually live in Leiderdorp,.. But as Holland is one big urban area I classify Leiderdorp as being Leiden.

Though the Pieterskerk is indeed a big church in Leiden, this picture hasn't got the Pieterskerk on it.
The link also says this is the Pieterskerk but actually it is the Hooglandse kerk. The largest church building which is still in use by catholics, troughout the years they couldn't finish it totally because of the lack of money, That's why you see one of the towers being a wooden one.

This picture has been taken from the 'burcht' wherefrom you can't even see the whole Pieterskerk because the council-house is blocking your view.

I tried to upload some pictures I made, but all failed,.

If theres really is to be made a map of Holland, There should be small churches all around, Modern buildings next to old ones, lot's of windmills, straight roads with roundabouts, viaducts, dikes, lot's of water, stunning skies.

Most realistic would be to have a map with dutch soldiers shoveling some river-dikes in Limburg. Also, as defences, inundation can still be activated, by enemies or by the dutch themselfses as you can easily destroy the dikes.

bla bla bla.
Old 2011-04-17, 18:02   #73
Fonsseals

First forum post, i finally got motivation to find out my BF2 ID, and it worked swimmingly well this time. About statics, we might just wanna use little pillboxes hidden in the dirt, i know of some Dutch pillboxes from WWII that were less than a meter high. I know, WW2 is not he setting of PR. But we can make a related thing. Maybe roadside pillboxes?

Old 2011-04-17, 18:20   #74
Wakain

welcome to the forums fons, take your time to get to know it, in the meantime though you might like this:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f19...h-bunkers.html
Old 2011-04-18, 17:35   #75
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Hi welcome to the forum,

Like Wakain allready posted, some very nice Kazematten have allready been made.
We need typical Dutch village style houses, shops, bridges etc ect.

Old 2011-04-18, 17:43   #76
Doc.Pock

i made a church last year. might be ok. is google sketch up format ok?
Old 2011-04-18, 17:47   #77
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

If its converted to OBJ format it should be, please post screens and wireframes since they give a good idea of what it looks like.

Old 2011-04-18, 17:50   #78
Wakain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.Pock View Post
i made a church last year. might be ok. is google sketch up format ok?
a slovene made a dutch church, madness!
Old 2011-04-19, 14:27   #79
Doc.Pock

nope it looks slovene but similar to the one on the first post. will post screens as soon as i find it on discs
Old 2011-04-21, 14:06   #80
Doc.Pock

hmm... how to make it OBJ? and is there any difference in OBJ/obj? i heard linux has some differences. pics tommorow i reworked it a bit
EDIT: if anyone of you dutchies has any refs id appreciate it
Last edited by Doc.Pock; 2011-04-21 at 20:08.. Reason: refs

Tags
european, heavy, image, needed, requestdutch, statics