project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
03 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-05, 14:46   #71
sniperrocks
Default Re: Project Reality: Vietnam Update

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so happy it wasn't an april fools joke ^^
I got tricked, twice now HAHAH
Old 2010-04-05, 14:53   #72
ma21212
Supporting Member

can we haz that map.... :X theirs even a BFv map for it lol and you get to fly a slik to the carrier! *giggles as i reload SA7*
BFv map dl link: Battlefield Vietnam Evacuation of Saigon Map for PC Download at GameSpot

Old 2010-04-05, 15:03   #73
UbangiStomp

Looking forward to this.
Old 2010-04-05, 15:12   #74
Teh0

Insurgensy too?
Old 2010-04-05, 15:46   #75
TrahnLee
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi_max2k View Post
Fork!

Seriously. If the merge means no more EoD2 vanilla, then someone needs to mod the mod and fork a vanilla back. No offense but, I'm not a huge PR gameplay fan (doing nothing but having a black screen 50% of the time is not what I call fun), so don't wanna see vanilla dissapear. Otherwise... nice mod
PR:V is for PR and the PR Gameplayer. EoD2 is still going to be active.. EoD2 will still get an update.. In fact, I have another version of EoD2 that will come out sometime this month, once I get a few things worked out. (At least that is the plan.)

EoD BF1942, just released another build of EoD as well.. It currently has over 100 maps, all sp/coop supported and several servers running it.

EoD, while small, is not dead.. Far from it.

Will PR:V be a seperate mod of PR? This is being debated. Currently, it is a seperate mod with its own files structure, etc. . However, we are discussing integrating it into PR as a whole, we just need to look at the logistics of doing this. PR:V is about 700mb without any maps. If we combine it into PR.. The file size will be about 200mb smaller, but PR will grow some in size. Of course, the number of maps will determine total file size and that is something we also have to consider.

In either case, we do not want to fracture the community, but better it as a whole.

In regards to game modes.. PR:V will contain the same gameplay and game modes as regular PR.

Last edited by TrahnLee; 2010-04-05 at 15:53..
Old 2010-04-05, 15:55   #76
echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]TrahnLee View Post
PR:V is for PR and the PR Gameplayer. EoD2 is still going to be active.. EoD2 will still get an update.. In fact, I have another version of EoD2 that will come out sometime this month, once I get a few things worked out. (At least that is the plan.)

EoD BF1942, just released another build of EoD as well.. It currently has over 100 maps, all sp/coop supported and several servers running it.

EoD, while small, is not dead.. Far from it.

Will PR:V be a seperate mod of PR? This is being debated. Currently, it is a seperate mod with its own files structure, etc. . However, we are discussing integrating it into PR as a whole, we just need to look at the logistics of doing this. PR:V is about 700mb without any maps. If we combine it into PR.. The file size will be about 200mb smaller, but PR will grow some in size. Of course, the number of maps will determine total file size and that is something we also have to consider.

In either case, we do not want to fracture the community, but better it as a whole.

In regards to game modes.. PR:V will contain the same gameplay and game modes as regular PR.

I am so confused! So this wasn't April fools trickery?
Old 2010-04-05, 15:56   #77
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Eeehm echo... did you actually read the OP in this very thread?

Old 2010-04-05, 15:57   #78
echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post

I am so confused! So this wasn't April fools trickery?
Ok. I fail. I thought this was still the other thread when you first announced it.
Old 2010-04-05, 16:54   #79
AnimalMother.
Supporting Member

happy this has been made official!

i love the M16A1 for the hamas can't wait to get into the jungle with it.

any chance of a changelog or list of features, weapons etc? need information!

ex |TG-31st|
AnimalMotherUK - YouTube
vistamaster01: "I just dont get people with girl usernames/pics/sigs lol,
for example I thought AnimalMother was a girl "

Arte et Marte
Old 2010-04-05, 18:05   #80
TrahnLee
Retired PR Developer

I will do a change log, etc. soon. But right now, we're finalizing the final features and setup, so at the moment.. Nothing is fixed in stone.

Closed Thread

Tags
project, reality, update, vietnam