project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Mapping
09 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-09-26, 04:43   #81
Element-X_IV
Default Re: [Map] Prizrak (4km) [WIP]

I've been unable to work on this for the past few of months.

Been busy with studies and other important things in life and my computer is having problems with BF2 and a lot of other things again, I should be free again sometime soon, then reformat and upgrade my PC and resume work on this.

No worries.
Element-X_IV is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 11:21   #82
temexter
Supporting Member

Aye, thats good news No hurry m8, we've made lots of progress with FDF - still nothing much exported... Anyroad, i have faction ingame and placeholders for kits, weapons and vehicles. Moreover made a couple of "quick'n'dirty" reskins just for some patriotic feeling...

Like they say: 'Rome was not built in a day'

temexter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:02   #83
<|90Viper90|>
Banned

Looking very nice, keep it up
<|90Viper90|> is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:46   #84
Finrar

Any news about the map? Is it still on work
Finrar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 16:14   #85
rodrigoma

send him an email
rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 20:20   #86
Element-X_IV

Hey guys, so the map hasn't been forgotten. Work has just been really slow due to studies, technical PC issues and the general boringness and frustration of mapping back during my very very noob mapping days.

I'm planning on updating the thread by the weekend with new and in-game screens and all that and with a link to download a test version for anybody wanting to try it out in-game, a lot has changed so it'll be a nice big update. Should've done this ages ago but got lazy and eventually forgot. I apologize about that.

But anyway, I'd like to ask for help from anybody with experience and try to fix this issue I'm having with my OG. In the image, as you can see, the trees have these cross things above them that almost look like rotor blades or something. Anybody know how I could get rid of those? For some reason my UG seems to have those little colored lines too.

I asked about it before somewhere but it was suggested that I returned to an older version of my map which I did before, and those are back-ups which I no longer have. Any suggestions?

Also, my OG is now at ~80,000 for the entire map. Is that okay?

But yeah, I'll upload minimaps, and new things like the swamp in the above image once I add in some small details and the aforementioned issue fixed. I want the map looking good atleast before I update the thread and upload the current wip of it.
Element-X_IV is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 20:23   #87
BroCop

I believe thats OG bleed, as the default OG Atlas sucks.This tut may have the answer.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...g-atlases.html
BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 20:24   #88
Antol

What a suprise I love that.
Antol is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 20:34   #89
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

the ug problem is something I had too. I asked around, seems no fix for it. The overgrowth thing should be fixable by handpacking yes.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 21:07   #90
rodrigoma

80,000 is way way too much, you should be aiming to less than 30,000 and even then you have to maintain a lower viewdistance ;/
Maybe using those Saarema bundle objects?
rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, map, poxo is ghey, prizrak, wip