project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Brazilian/FARC Forces
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Brazilian/FARC Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Brazilian & FARC Forces faction

Old 2010-02-21, 11:58   #81
Maxfragg

Default Re: [WEAPON] M60 7.62x51mm GPMG

nooo, the huey is fine without weapons, seriously, mgs on helis are just annoying for the pilots
Old 2010-02-21, 15:44   #82
Wakain

a little covering fire's never unwelcome right?
Old 2010-02-21, 15:49   #83
Maxfragg

guys shooting around are just so annoying, that they outnumber the cases where the covering fire might help by far
Old 2010-02-21, 15:58   #84
sylent/shooter

meh... works just fine.. get a trans squad and use a SAW or something to provide covering fire
Old 2010-02-21, 16:34   #85
Wilkinson

Amazing Start
I absoultley love it.

Possibly add more polys to the handle grips?
Old 2010-02-26, 21:44   #86
Snazz
Supporting Member

It's looking very good IMO, don't mind the apparently "cartoony" barrel texture either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfragg View Post
guys shooting around are just so annoying
I don't understand why some people are so sensitive about door guns firing, is it the sound effect itself or are you easily distracted? If so how is it different to people shooting around you in other cases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakain View Post
a little covering fire's never unwelcome right?
I don't consider door guns on transport helicopters in PR to be particularly effective, even the mini-gun on the Blackhawks.

It's a combination of multiple factors, including:
- The accuracy of firing from a moving platform in the BF2 engine.
- The firing angles which depend on the position the gun is mounted.
- The inherit vulnerability and preciousness of transport helicopters.
- The superior threats faced whether it be vehicles, AA or well armed infantry.
- The appropriateness of having dedicated gunners instead of them joining infantry squads.

It is realistic to have them, but they add very little to PR game play IMO.

IRL they might put fear into any lightly armed enemy infantry that happen to be at the landing zone, effectively suppressing them. But in PR they don't and transport choppers should be avoiding landing in such places anyway.
Old 2010-03-01, 07:01   #87
TrahnLee
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
nooo, the huey is fine without weapons, seriously, mgs on helis are just annoying for the pilots
Yea, but if you put a pair on a Huey Gunship. It can be alot of fun. I happen to know where there is a Huey C Model Gunship.

Oh, the things that could be in the pipeline.

Yes, Salmonella you are correct. The M60 in EoD is not up to Par with PR Standards, but no one here at PR ever asked me about using it. The M60 currently in EoD was modeled for BF1942, but was a good port for the EoD Mod into BF2. I needed a M60 and that was what I had available at the time. Therefore it got used. Same with alot of the other weapons.

Here is some pics of a remodeled M60 that I started a long, long time ago. I have never had time to finish it. I have been involved in too many other mods for the past few years, that some of my own projects are shelved. I do not do much modeling anymore, but more exporting and coding of stuff. I really need to get back to some of my trinkets and complete them. One of these days I will.

Like today, back then I had no real "mod team". All the personnel who were around left. I have been the only one to continue the EoD BF2 mod all these years. I've done 90% of the mod work on my own with no help from others. If I had the mod team that exists here at PR or even half the R-Con people. I could have done more. The quality of things would have been better, but I don't feel bad. I have done what I could with the abilities I had at the time. It saddens me to read comments about the EoD mod from people like DeltaFart. If he only really understood what it TRUELY takes to do all of this.

In either case, seeing your M60 makes me want to go back and work on mine. However, I have many other things I need to do before I go back and rework weapons. I have some stuff I am working on for EoD that is going to be much fun. I also have some other PR projects to work on and many things for the FH2 Mod to do too.

All I can say is that had someone approached me asking about the current M60 in EoD. I would have offered them this one. It just needed finished. I hope that you are still planning on contributing this one to the great mod of PR. If so, there will be a really nice one to use. I like the looks of it and I can't wait to see your final results!

Oh.. PS... If you need any animations.. While my M60 currently in EoD is not the best in the world. The 1p and 3p animations are very good. It might be that Chuck if he is going to animate this one. Can utilize them to save some time. You guys are welcome to use them.
Last edited by TrahnLee; 2010-03-01 at 07:19..
Old 2010-03-01, 23:16   #88
Salmonella

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]TrahnLee View Post
Yes, Salmonella you are correct. The M60 in EoD is not up to Par with PR Standards, but no one here at PR ever asked me about using it. The M60 currently in EoD was modeled for BF1942, but was a good port for the EoD Mod into BF2. I needed a M60 and that was what I had available at the time. Therefore it got used. Same with alot of the other weapons...
Hey dude, I never meant to underestimate the model or it's modeler, like you just said, is only a matter of time, by the time of 1942 it was fine, but now, most weapons in PR have more details.

Before start modeling I checked all avaliable MODs for usefull stuff, EOD have several statics and some trees that is already in PR, and we will use.
The weapons we found was the M60 and M79, but we thought be better to start from scratch than asking for permission and modifing the models.

You've been doing some great work, unfortunatly alone, I really don't meant to offend you or who did the work.

Ps, I checked now the animations, I'm no expert but I think it won't work, since your model have few mobile pieces and some diference in scaling...
Old 2010-03-01, 23:50   #89
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
guys shooting around are just so annoying, that they outnumber the cases where the covering fire might help by far
people running other players over with jeeps and civi cars are annoying too, doesn't mean they should be removed :P

Old 2010-03-02, 02:25   #90
Salmonella

back to work, I decided to remake all the UV for this M60 D, since only the receiver remains the same...

did some AO to check the UV integrity

Tags
gpmg, m60, weapon