project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-10, 13:09   #81
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Would you sacrifice move/shoot to 100% eliminate prone spam?

Airsoft ain't quite like Real life, and I trust the judgement of people who have served more, no offense.

Old 2008-05-10, 19:08   #82
blud

Even people who have served say that you can run and gun pretty well (or at least walk and gun).

Anyways earlier in the thread people were saying there is no game with good CQB, but in my opinion True Combat Elite has it.
Old 2008-05-10, 19:38   #83
Drake

No, just no.

As long as PR is on BF2 engine, we have to deal with prone spam. There is no way around it, without ruining the fun.
Old 2008-05-10, 20:15   #84
PrivateJson

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]bosco View Post
Airsoft ain't quite like Real life, and I trust the judgement of people who have served more, no offense.
Airsoft can be pretty real. You spray a lot more, but it's mostly like CQB, up close! You don't have the range of real guns, so you have to get close to "kill" the enemy!

I've served, Danish Army - Recon, and you do learn how to fire while moving, not just in CQB training. But like in Airsoft, you have to get up close to hit anything when moving and shooting at the same time, unless you're just laying down suppressive fire!

regards,
Steen
Old 2008-05-10, 20:25   #85
cplgangster

in the british army dont they train the soldiers to dash down crawl observe sight fire. this means you would drop straight to belt buckles as you are less of a target then move to cover that is around you. so this is very realistic.
Old 2008-05-10, 22:48   #86
Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
No, just no. As long as PR is on BF2 engine, we have to deal with prone spam. There is no way around it, without ruining the fun.
Actually, I've reduced run'n gun/prone spam by 90% without sacrificing accuracy... so no, we don't have to deal with it. There is a way around it.

"Now that I've seen this, I don't want to go back to .75" - tester quote
Last edited by Wolfe; 2008-05-10 at 22:56..
Old 2008-05-10, 23:49   #87
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

lockage,

I think Warren said it best and just for your information, the suppression effect is officially gone from CQB come 0.8.

Hopefully we'll incorporate Wolfe's changes or at least some form of it as long as it doesn't affect anything negatively.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Closed Thread

Tags
100%, eliminate, move or shoot, prone, sacrifice, spam