project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-08, 21:53   #81
Meza82
Default Re: AK-47 Accuracy... really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer-Ape View Post

amazing photo. life is so different outside the states. these pics make me feel like i live in a bubble.
Old 2009-11-08, 21:58   #82
ReadMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meza82 View Post
amazing photo. life is so different outside the states. these pics make me feel like i live in a bubble.
Pointless Necro-post FTW!

-REad
Old 2009-11-08, 22:06   #83
burghUK

whys the man in that picture wearing a wedding dress?
Old 2009-11-08, 22:06   #84
MonkeySoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]ReadMenace View Post
Pointless Necro-post FTW!

-REad
Attached Thumbnails
Randy.jpg  
Old 2009-11-08, 22:07   #85
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Let a dead thread rest please.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Old 2009-11-08, 22:21   #86
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crAck_sh0t View Post
whys the man in that picture wearing a wedding dress?
Johhny Mad Dog is a french film by Jean-Stephane Sauvaire about child soldiers in Africa. I guess watch the movie to find out why hes wearing one

...posting after a MOD
Old 2009-11-08, 23:04   #87
hiberNative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt3r View Post
Yeah tbh getting an AK47 down to 1 MOA would be hard and require lots of luck.
not really. all you gotta do is paint the front post yellow

Old 2009-11-09, 15:36   #88
Mark_Buckwe8

I don't know if anybody has added this but groupings while wearing full fighting order are usually worse as well, You won't get the rifle seated as properly in the shoulder. Now its not that big but it is a factor. My groupings would be a good 20-30 mm greater then when I would fire bare bones at 100m.
Old 2009-12-28, 03:00   #89
JKJudgeX

I know it's a dead thread, but, a lot of emphasis was given to the 1 MOA thing. The problem in PR isn't that you can't hit 1 MoA. It's the accuracy disparity in general at the shorter (sub 200 yard) ranges. In shooting at man-sized targets at those ranges, you will not know a difference between the two rifles, especially in any kind of action shooting pose.

I shoot all the time. The weapons are designed for that range to hit mansized targets quickly and with little training. It's not very difficult. if you want less speculation and more data, take a look at some youtube videos of people firing either weapon...

Again, though, 1 MoA isn't even going to be visible in an MMO, that's 1 inch at 100 yards. Unless you're shooting the skinniest, tiniest people, even 6 inch MoA will still mean that lining up your post on someone's head or chest and pulling the trigger will result in a round striking that person out to even 200 meters. MoA is measured as a cone of fire from the muzzle to the point of impact, thus, a 6 MoA weapon will create a 6 inch GROUP, not miss 6 inches to the left, and then 6 inches to the right, that would be a 12 MoA rifle.

Thus, unless your head is less than 6 inches wide, even a 6 MoA rifle scores a likely fatal (at least disabling) headshot if the crosshairs were placed in the middle of your face. At 100 yards. 100 yards is a really long distance, and I think people tend to forget what it really looks like to see a man-sized target that far away. Video games tend to have wonky distances/proportions for people. Look at some pictures of things 100 yards away or go to a football field and have your friend go to the opposite endzone.

Now, you have to also add the shooters MoA to the weapon's MoA, and honestly, there's more variance in shooter MoA than there is in weapon MoA. A good argument can be made that the USMC in PR should have better shooter and weapon MoA, but, even with this included, the game currently makes hitting man-sized targets at reasonable ranges harder than it ought to be for the insurgents. T

he AK and the AR can both hit a can pretty easily at 100 yards.
Old 2009-12-28, 04:21   #90
ReadMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJudgeX View Post
I know it's a dead thread, but, a lot of emphasis was given to the 1 MOA thing. Then why revive it... AGAIN? The problem in PR isn't that you can't hit 1 MoA. You sure can -- the various faction sniper rifles can achiever 1moa accuracy. But wait, this thread is regarding the AK47 so that doesn't apply, nor does 1 MoA, as this is an absurd measurement to use with the AK47. It's the accuracy disparity in general at the shorter (sub 200 yard) ranges. In shooting at man-sized targets at those ranges, you will not know a difference between the two rifles, especially in any kind of action shooting pose. Swapping wildly between to subjects (in-game weapon mechanics and those of real rifles) is very confusing.

I shoot all the time. Schway. The weapons are designed for that range to hit mansized targets quickly and with little training. As you can still do in PR, even with the AK47. It's not very difficult. if you want less speculation and more data, take a look at some youtube videos of people firing either weapon... Yeah.. Alot of those videos have expired, though one of the original videos does show a marked superiority of the AR15 at 200 yards.

Again, though, 1 MoA isn't even going to be visible in an MMO, that's 1 inch at 100 yards. Unless you're shooting the skinniest, tiniest people, even 6 inch MoA will still mean that lining up your post on someone's head or chest and pulling the trigger will result in a round striking that person out to even 200 meters. MoA is measured as a cone of fire from the muzzle to the point of impact, thus, a 6 MoA weapon will create a 6 inch GROUP, not miss 6 inches to the left, and then 6 inches to the right, that would be a 12 MoA rifle. Yes, but MOA is measured in a controlled environment under desirable shooting conditions. A bench rest, a sandbag, a nice mug of coffee, and a nice leisurely pace of fire. Just because a weapon is capable of 1 MoA does not mean that you can just pull the trigger and it magically guides the bullets into a one inch radius.

Thus, unless your head is less than 6 inches wide, even a 6 MoA rifle scores a likely fatal (at least disabling) headshot if the crosshairs were placed in the middle of your face. At 100 yards. 100 yards is a really long distance, and I think people tend to forget what it really looks like to see a man-sized target that far away. Video games tend to have wonky distances/proportions for people. Yup, PR is definitely afflicted with this problem, I don't think anyone will deny it. Look at some pictures of things 100 yards away or go to a football field and have your friend go to the opposite endzone.

Now, you have to also add the shooters MoA to the weapon's MoA, and honestly, there's more variance in shooter MoA than there is in weapon MoA. A good argument can be made that the USMC in PR should have better shooter and weapon MoA, but, even with this included, the game currently makes hitting man-sized targets at reasonable ranges harder than it ought to be for the insurgents. I believe this is still in effect in PR -- the Insurgent's have deviation penalties due to their 'lack of training' or whatnot.

The AK and the AR can both hit a can pretty easily at 100 yards.There's that crazy switching between reality and video games thing you keep doing.. That being said -- in reality, when I'm enjoying a nice mug of coffee and shooting leisurely at the range, I too can easily hit a 12oz soda can at 100 yards with open sights. In a situation where I might be expected to use one of my rifles in 'self-defense', I would not be surprised if I failed to hit a man sized target at 100 yards. There's the "Oh-Crap" factor, where you are being shot at, and desiring to return fire, but at the same time you want to get your shot off as quick as possible, causing you to rush your shot etc. This severely affects accuracy.
Furthermore, I never saw a followup regarding your actual experience using the AK47 post .86 release. That would have been a good reason to revive this thread -- not what occurred.

-REad
Closed Thread

Tags
accuracy, ak47