project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2014-02-20, 03:26   #81
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer
Default Re: Pre built PC for under 700 pounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper909 View Post
Naturally they want the old one back lol..Guess having a slightly more expensive PSU is my compensation.

I know it should be a given but in this world it isn't.I'm just happy they are willing to resolve the issue quickly and without fuss.Even though there configure thingy is bugged/flawed I guess I could have also checked myself to be sure of compatibility.

On a side note I also got a new monitor.. A BENQ GL2450 it took some configuring and will take getting used to but I like it.ofc not tested it with any games.
I'm not convinced it was a lack of power, although I haven't delved very deeply into the 12V rail of the 450W PSU you bought, but it should have been on the edge of sufficient (perhaps operating at 70+%, which isn't really where you want to keep a PSU for the long term).

I don't want to jinx it but I have a sneaking suspicion the problem may persist with a new PSU. I really hope I'm wrong!!!

I have a GL2450 and really like it. The viewing angles aren't amazing, but as a cheap gaming 24" monitor it's pretty sweet
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 17:06   #82
Trooper909

Right..I ran all the tests for a full hour and no problems as of yet.Also played a few games and its all fine.

Rome2 still makes a very odd noise but its literally only Rome2 and it doesn't die anymore.Oddly the pitch of noise changes depending on what menu you are on.

*edit*
ha what da ya know

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...oise-in-menu-s
Last edited by Trooper909; 2014-02-21 at 17:41..
Old 2014-02-23, 22:21   #83
Trooper909

Just going to bump this thread to say thank you everyone for taking time out of your day to help me out.The information given here has been invaluable.
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 15:12   #84
Careless

Quote:
Just going to bump this thread to say thank you everyone for taking time out of your day to help me out.The information given here has been invaluable.
Enjoy your HD gaming experience
Careless is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 04:39   #85
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Only problem I've had is Rome 2 total war
No surprise there.
Rome 2 is known to be broken on release.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 20:46   #86
Trooper909

Yeah but its been out ages now and its had like 6 DLC's -_-

It literately sounds like my PC is going to break from playing it.Anyway I could bitch about Rome2 for days but its not a problem with my PC its a CA problem so its off topic.

Hope the new Warhammer total war isn't a piece of unplayable shit like rome.
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
700, built, pounds, pre