project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-15, 12:33   #81
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik
Hmm, I'm not so sure about the kit limiting thing. It sounds like Mr Sniper Noob just has to use his Daddy's super fast computer to get in the game first, request the Sniper kit and hog it all game, while people like me with my not-so-amazing setup will have to wait a while and watch as the newbies still dominate the important kits. Alright, so there won't be as many of them, but it's still annoying that people who want/need them will miss out. I think there needs to be a higher degree of player intervention with this, perhaps a vote system to overhaul kit abusers or something, I don't really know how the testing's going with it but I have a feeling there're going to be problems with it. I guess you wouldn't pick up on it seeing as all the testers are kind, sharing folks.
i was thinking that.

if they could randomise the kit limiting so different players have the kit available on different rounds...

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Old 2006-07-15, 15:36   #82
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik
Hmm, I'm not so sure about the kit limiting thing. It sounds like Mr Sniper Noob just has to use his Daddy's super fast computer to get in the game first, request the Sniper kit and hog it all game, while people like me with my not-so-amazing setup will have to wait a while and watch as the newbies still dominate the important kits. Alright, so there won't be as many of them, but it's still annoying that people who want/need them will miss out. I think there needs to be a higher degree of player intervention with this, perhaps a vote system to overhaul kit abusers or something, I don't really know how the testing's going with it but I have a feeling there're going to be problems with it. I guess you wouldn't pick up on it seeing as all the testers are kind, sharing folks.
No matter wehat we do there are going to be problems with not letting people take whatever they want whenever they want - with some people, some of the time at the very least.

We'll do our best to address as many of those problems as is feasible.

There's HUGE problems with "rank" as an access to kit, so that's not gonna happen.

We're increasing the "start delay" settings for each round to avoid some of the "first in" problems.

Just learn to like the unlimited classes, and love the limited classes whwne they are available to you

I think we will look at some kind of "kit hogging" prevention system, but need to think that through.

Cheers!
egg

Old 2006-07-15, 15:42   #83
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
No matter wehat we do there are going to be problems with not letting people take whatever they want whenever they want - with some people, some of the time at the very least.

We'll do our best to address as many of those problems as is feasible.

There's HUGE problems with "rank" as an access to kit, so that's not gonna happen.

We're increasing the "start delay" settings for each round to avoid some of the "first in" problems.

Just learn to like the unlimited classes, and love the limited classes whwne they are available to you

I think we will look at some kind of "kit hogging" prevention system, but need to think that through.

cool just so that people don't feel forced out because of the limitations of their hardware effecting their choises.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Old 2006-07-15, 18:40   #84
SFA/**]V[E**/L

Getting other people left kits will get us kill, uhh like we are getting of the road here, is it that realistic?, like someother m8 said here. Army Ranger ure new around here dont u, they wont give u a release day, that had been discussed here a lot of time (i was a victim of it), just seat tight and drink pure alcohol to burn it inside, LOL, i feell u.
Old 2006-07-15, 19:25   #85
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

a long start delay would be awesome!

usually i like to make a breif plan of action before the round starts, but i never have time, hell i dont even have time to take a piss.

like a 2 minute start delay would be great!! give us folks a breather who dont die very much during the round!
Old 2006-07-16, 01:26   #86
SFA/**]V[E**/L

Some folks are not going to like that idead FuzzHead, u gotta be in the middle (Flexible) always to much of something or to little is bad.
Closed Thread

Tags
040, project, reality, status, update