project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: Thoughts on the current (WIP) supression effect
I like it a lot 48 35.29%
I don't mind it 22 16.18%
I dislike it 11 8.09%
I think it needs more work 68 50.00%
I think it should be left it as-is 5 3.68%
I think it should go 17 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-03, 16:27   #81
Sabre_tooth_tigger
Default Re: (POLL) do you like the suppression effect ?

Yes you could get suppressed in previous versions. The screen would go slightly fuzzy, it would require a near and/or powerfull shot.

A couple of examples, APC firing on helicopter tower - fools road. Had a fuzzy screen standing inside the tower for about 15 mins, had trouble seeing hostiles ascending internal staircase

Defending east tower from the panic room on Mestia. British Saw 300m away fires and strikes all around the peep hole causing my screen to fuzz up and I was unable to fire on his squad who were successful in withdrawing as a result.

I think the present version is slightly heavy handed and I look forward to it being refined
Old 2008-08-04, 12:34   #82
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

I like it, and it needs more work (but that what i'd want is WIP or in 0.8 already)
Old 2008-08-04, 14:29   #83
Ze.Peixe

What is "WIP"?
Old 2008-08-04, 14:35   #84
gazzthompson

work in progress

Old 2008-08-05, 03:35   #85
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I wonder if the devs will be releasing any more details on the 0.8 supression system.....

hint hint

Old 2008-08-05, 04:40   #86
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I love the addition of it, yes.

Though, imho, I think its a tad too long at times. There needs to be an effect triggered when you are HIT, and THAT needs to be long. But getting rounds landing near you shouldnt be this absolutely blinding. t should make an impact on your ability, sure, but you shouldnt go absolutely mr magoo blind.. thats just imho, never been shot at personally :P
Old 2008-08-05, 15:53   #87
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]OkitaMakoto View Post
, never been shot at personally :P
come on , ur a con, u should know the devs dont say you go blind irl when taking fire?? why do so many people miss understand the SE ?

Old 2008-08-07, 13:31   #88
Salah ad Din

The idea is okay, but whoever came up with the idea of linking the length of suppression to your frame-rate should be forced to use a Commodore C64 and only be allowed to play Frogger for the rest of his natural life.

Voted "I think it needs more work".
Old 2008-08-07, 15:26   #89
bigwookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
come on , ur a con, u should know the devs dont say you go blind irl when taking fire?? why do so many people miss understand the SE ?
they don't miss understand it they just say it how it is.

---

As a side note, I didn't know like seemingly so many others that this was a multi choice poll. I wonder how many of the "I think it needs more work" would have voted like/dislike as well. I'd say the "I think it needs more work" were more then likely in the "I dislike it" camp otherwise they'd have voted "I like it a lot"

So if you break down the vote it could look something like this (IMO):

I like it a lot 47 (includes "left as is")
I dislike it 89 (includes "should go & needs more work)

62 of the above people voted "I think it needs more work" which again i imagine they are in the "dislike" camp otherwise they'd have vote "like a lot". How many of these would say remove it if the v8 version effect is still in their eyes just as bad and floored as the v7 effect?

19 people voted "I don't mind it" or perhaps meaning they are "not bothered" if the effect stays or goes

Which ever way you may play with the figures its seem more that the majority dislike the effect then like as is. There's no telling at the moment how many of those will still dislike the effect after v8 but as its been said its a moot point as its going in v8 and future versions no matter what so the hole pole is rendered pointless anyway.
Old 2008-08-07, 15:55   #90
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwookie View Post
they don't miss understand it they just say it how it is.
the devs have said sooooo many times that the effect is not representing the fact that you go blind when you take fire IRL, cause you dont.

and i would say the results are:

want SE effect:
I like it a lot
I don't mind it
I think it should be left it as-is
I think it needs more work

dont want it:
I dislike it
I think it should go

though the poll isnt well worded tbh. should of been basic, i like it, i dislike it, i like it but want some improvements (state in thread) type thing.

i made the poll to see what the community think, not so devs can see it and say, well lets remove it, so it is filling its roll

Tags
effect, poll, suppression