project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2009-03-17, 11:18   #81
[R-DEV]​Dr Rank
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Help] AL BASRAH MAP NIGHT?

Edit your groundhemi.dds in photoshop i.e. darken it, to stop the obects/players glowing as if its daytime.

Dr Rank is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 19:52   #82
alexandrei07
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Dr Rank View Post
Edit your groundhemi.dds in photoshop i.e. darken it, to stop the obects/players glowing as if its daytime.
Thanks , I'll try to do this

I like to show the last demo (skirmish)

BR
alexandrei07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 20:01   #83
Tannhauser

Watched the video, everything is awesome except the ground outside the city ; it's not dark enough and it looks very odd, like daytime bright but with the night sky.

Is this going to be fixed?

Also, the specular lightning should be darkened a lot, the light reflected doesn't fit the night atmosphere and looks odd.

IMO, even in the city it's too ... bright. It should be darkened a tad more ; it's not a clear night sky, there's clouds covering the moon wich means it won't as bright as that. And I have yet to find a night time as bright as that, even with clear skies.

Lastly, the clouds move too fast IMO, it doesn't look real. Slow the down a bit.
Last edited by Tannhauser; 2009-03-19 at 20:07..
Old 2009-03-20, 11:51   #84
alexandrei07
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Watched the video, everything is awesome except the ground outside the city ; it's not dark enough and it looks very odd, like daytime bright but with the night sky.

Is this going to be fixed?

Also, the specular lightning should be darkened a lot, the light reflected doesn't fit the night atmosphere and looks odd.

IMO, even in the city it's too ... bright. It should be darkened a tad more ; it's not a clear night sky, there's clouds covering the moon wich means it won't as bright as that. And I have yet to find a night time as bright as that, even with clear skies.

Lastly, the clouds move too fast IMO, it doesn't look real. Slow the down a bit.
Hello, thank you for your comments, it is very difficult to achieve that all are according with a map and mainly if it is at night, my first intention was that it is realistic, first they told me that it was very dark, after the moon illuminated too much that the constructions were not well... etc, is certain that the lateral streets are too brilliant but in the game they see each other but opaque.

greetings and we will continue looking for a balance between the real thing and the game.
Old 2009-03-29, 13:23   #85
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Al Basrah (Night) [WIP]

I like the progress thats been made thats for sure

I do think the clouds move too fast as well. I see the effect you want, the storm and lightning and all, but its just a bit too fast... looks more like a weather channel show on storms where they speed it up 5x to show its progression in a short amount of time

As far as the map.. did you put the barrels in the streets? To me they just look a bit too...silly :P Like, a few barrels neatly lined up to me just seems like a silly roadblock... especially since in game they have no physics and will therefore be completely impassable Would be better to use a few wrecked cars and crates or something if you really wanted to make a roadblock

Also agree on specular lighting [static sun color or something maybe? forget if the editor calls it specular, i think it does...]

I like the brightness in the city. Its possibly a tad too bright for the sky you use, but at the same time, I have seen plenty of nights where the moon is able to light up the surrounding area very well[with no unnatural light around]

Keep it up, looks loads better than a few months ago
OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:51   #86
Sabre_tooth_tigger

If the moons out the lighting is fine and its better to err on the side on reasonable lighting as bf2 cannot provide the full spectrum required and is realistic for the human eye.

Its reasonable for some alleys or areas to be cast in darkness

clouds seem fine to me also, some of the lower clouds could move that fast
Sabre_tooth_tigger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 23:03   #87
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Looking forward to play it someday. It's a shame it can't be a little darker though.

Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 15:47   #88
alexandrei07
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreZiad View Post
Looking forward to play it someday. It's a shame it can't be a little darker though.
In the game you leave but dark that the demo, I hope soon to finish some details of the artificial illumination and I will see other tonalities for the sky, fugitive clouds, etc , also an adjustment topic so that it works in the dedicated serv.

BR
Old 2009-04-17, 03:48   #89
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
do archer after this pweeese

excellent work

but is it me or are the arms of ur avatar too bright for the lighting?
Wow, archer night would be epic if the USMC has night vision.

Great work on the map. View distance seems a bit weird though.
503 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 16:25   #90
alexandrei07
Banned
Thumbs up Re: [Map] Al Basrah (Night) [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto View Post
I like the progress thats been made thats for sure

I do think the clouds move too fast as well. I see the effect you want, the storm and lightning and all, but its just a bit too fast... looks more like a weather channel show on storms where they speed it up 5x to show its progression in a short amount of time
Jeje, yes I put more slowly

Quote:
As far as the map.. did you put the barrels in the streets? To me they just look a bit too...silly :P Like, a few barrels neatly lined up to me just seems like a silly roadblock... especially since in game they have no physics and will therefore be completely impassable Would be better to use a few wrecked cars and crates or something if you really wanted to make a roadblock

Yes I did, I want to do a balance between GB+NVG vs INS, I try to put others statics and diferent possitions.

Quote:
Also agree on specular lighting [static sun color or something maybe? forget if the editor calls it specular, i think it does...]
Uhmm, I'll see this..I can´t understand exactly how make it

Quote:
I like the brightness in the city. Its possibly a tad too bright for the sky you use, but at the same time, I have seen plenty of nights where the moon is able to light up the surrounding area very well[with no unnatural light around]
ok

Quote:
Keep it up, looks loads better than a few months ago
I've a problem to test it in the dedicated server, could you help me?, I've a doubt about night setting

a)init.con
b)levelname.desc

I saw that placing that value "isnightmap=1" NVG works OK, but inside out NOT OK, but I don't know if this produce a map load crash or not, only into dedicated server, There aren't problems in the local server.

The last video was make it without activated isnightmap

OK, thanks ..many thanks for yours recommendations.
Last edited by alexandrei07; 2009-04-18 at 16:53..

Tags
2km, audit, basara, basrah, map, night, request or help, wip