project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2010-04-28, 15:04   #81
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Wake Island (4km) [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillkillyouhun View Post
i'm sorry but we are gone put wake again in the game ? or it just a map for fun , practice to be a mapper ?
if the map is of PR quality, and it looks like its going to be , then what possible objection could there be to adding it?

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 23:15   #82
Dankicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillkillyouhun View Post
(is) it just a map for fun , practice to be a mapper ?
Never trouble another for something you could do yourself. -- Jefferson

Grew tired of unrestricted woods a bit, and I wanted a realistic Wake Island map... Dev tutorials gave the how-to's... so I am learning as I go to make one. There's no real logic behind doing it, just pure ADD driven impulse and perfectionism ... and no, those don't go well together.
Dankicity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 23:23   #83
Silly_Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankicity View Post
There's no real logic behind doing it, just pure ADD driven impulse and perfectionism ... and no, those don't go well together.
I'm not so sure, from what I'm seeing, it seems quite the opposite.
Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 20:20   #84
Dankicity

Ok I think I'm at the part where I need some community support. Everythings pretty much final outside clutter but a few quirks make it feel wrong. Mostly the overgrowth is just plain wrong and from a lack of options, three buildings have Arabic signs/graffiti on them.

Buildings are obvious fixes, either retexture or create a American military styled two story office/apt and single story warehouse/garage buildings.

Overgrowth is a more pressing matter as it makes this map. The video below shows what it should look like and my updated first post video shows what I have (minus palms). Difference is my mosh-pit vs reality's crazy pine style; a Ironwood trees (Casuarina equisetifolia) single and cluster, and a Tree Heiliotrope (Tournefortia argentea) large low bush.

Unless there are some Blender tutorials which I can't find, I'll need someone willing to fill my inadequacies on this? Or is the looming intro of ArmaII:PR going to make what I have all I'll get?

I could possibly make the models and textures but I've never been all that handy with UV mapping and knowhow of game mechanics; lods, polys, col, oh my.
Last edited by Dankicity; 2010-05-07 at 17:47..
Old 2010-05-06, 20:44   #85
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Really promising

Hauteclocque is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 11:51   #86
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

looks nice do you have some screens ?

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 15:35   #87
ytman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankicity View Post
Three buildings have Arabic signs/graffiti on them.
This is actually common on some maps. Silent Eagle has a Chinese Gas Station.

Quote:
Overgrowth is a more pressing matter as it makes this map. The video below shows what it should look like and my updated first post video shows what I have (minus palms). Difference is my mosh-pit vs reality's crazy pine style; a Ironwood trees (Casuarina equisetifolia) single and cluster, and a Tree Heiliotrope (Tournefortia argentea) large low bush.
I'll agree and disagree. I'll agree that unique statics and vegitation would do wonders in making your map stand out and really feel like its the closest place to American Soil (well it is American Soil) however, don't let a lack of it stop you from finishing it.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 20:40   #88
Dankicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytman View Post
I'll agree and disagree. I'll agree that unique statics and vegitation would do wonders in making your map stand out and really feel like its the closest place to American Soil (well it is American Soil) however, don't let a lack of it stop you from finishing it.
Agree on statics as you have to look for them but still not thrilled at the idea. Though, on Wake's overgrowth (any jungle scenario, like Vietnam) you have to walk the paths unless you have a machete mob or agent orange. Hopefully the change would confine wooded combat areas and improve collaboration tactics.

To confine it means adding a large van sized, (mostly) impassable bush which doesn't exist. The trees are just a smaller radius, dark trunk spruce tree model with pine needles.

That look really does make the map for me but it won't stop me from finishing it.
Dankicity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 19:26   #89
Dankicity

Another Dankicity ADD production. I was playing around with putting elevation lines on the minimap but couldn't get a minimap without rendering the terrain in it as to consist of statics nor could I figure out how to reduce the number of lines. It does let me see where some terrain LOD issues might be.

Progress : Only have a couple dirt roads left, one main road that doesn't like me, and a bridge. Fences and walls are in with a single pass on clutter. Needs one more pass on clutter and a pass on rocks. Shouldn't be long now and if I must say so it's looking pretty freaking awesome ->!<-

Also forgot to ask if the ch_heavyjeep (i think) was a usable vehicle. It's amphibious but looks to have a bad LOD.
Last edited by Dankicity; 2010-05-17 at 22:46..
Old 2010-05-18, 00:02   #90
HughJass

looks great, cool color map work. personally i think the blue water and white sands clash a little too much. more screens!
HughJass is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, island, map, wake, wip