project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
21 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-10-19, 06:30   #951
Kenny

Default Re: Show your models thread...(IMAGE HEAVY)

Ice Killer :"I want to be not allowed to" what does that mean?

Matze:O:G:H just took me 38 min to model and 1.5h to render. currently i am using a intel atom @ 1.2 GHz
that would suck I took all those pics in under 2 minutes but it's still a nice looking pineapple good work
Kenny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 18:09   #952
motherdear
Retired PR Developer

currently playing around with HP stuff to get the hang of it, how to optimize the cage best, how overlapping faces work and how to fix issues from a bad bake etc in PS.

only a small item but decided to use a 1024 sheet for both the AO and for the Normal just to get a nice look while i am doing proof of concept to myself.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto: "Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac"
[R-CON]Pantera : "maybe you might learn that we are not super intelligent beings chained in UKF's basement being forced to work on this".
motherdear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 08:00   #953
Kenny

I did this today it may need to be edited a bit but it's meant to be a Toyota Hilux

Kenny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 09:17   #954
motherdear
Retired PR Developer

made my first good bake of a model where it really made a difference with the details from the high poly.

tried a variety of different methods, with cage, without cage and a variety of different things to try and figure out how the settings interact with the bake.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto: "Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac"
[R-CON]Pantera : "maybe you might learn that we are not super intelligent beings chained in UKF's basement being forced to work on this".
Old 2009-10-26, 12:55   #955
[R-DEV]​Tim270
PR:BF2 Developer

I have only had one decent bake after using the tutorial on GA, my normal comes out red now lol and loads of random stuff.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 13:17   #956
motherdear
Retired PR Developer

if you get a red bake then it sounds like you got a projection modifier that isn't fitted properly causing the rays to not hit the proper areas.

Old 2009-10-28, 14:08   #957
derg

My first working Bake, thanks to motherdear because I had those red normals, too.
derg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 18:39   #958
motherdear
Retired PR Developer

it looks pretty good dergammla, but if you look closely you can see that it lacks depth, it seems like the normal is bended, try and turn off the cage option of the projection modifier.

play around with the settings and see if you can get a better bake, a good start though.

Old 2009-10-28, 19:09   #959
ice_killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Ice Killer :"I want to be not allowed to" what does that mean?

Matze:O:G:H just took me 38 min to model and 1.5h to render. currently i am using a intel atom @ 1.2 GHz
that would suck I took all those pics in under 2 minutes but it's still a nice looking pineapple good work
proberl;y a typo

i wanted to say

I whant to show but im not allowd to
ice_killer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 12:00   #960
162eRI

Severomorsk church. Made with sketchup for Crysis mod Casus Belli.

Tags
heavy, models, show, threadimage