project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
23 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-12-16, 19:57   #1
Isnor
Default Quick Question for Commanders

The only thing that I have not been able to grasp is the wait time to place markers - What was the reasoning behind this feature?
Isnor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 20:34   #2
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Default Re: Quick Question for Commanders

isn't it something that hardcoded if not its probs because it takes time to relay things from battlefield to commander and back again and to repreent this they did that?
killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 21:30   #3
Isnor

If it was to represent the flow of communication between squad leaders and the commander, I believe it would be on par if not close to the flow of VoIP, would it not?

i'm just curious as to the reasoning behind it, as i find it can sometimes be a real pain.
Old 2009-12-16, 21:32   #4
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

the 1.5 patch introduced a limit to the marker thing for 60seconds per marker iirc.

afaik this is a defence against people trying to crash servers by placing a multitude of markers.

This was a change by teh people at DICE and had good reasoning behind it, and I can only hope the DEVs find a workaround for PRs purposes.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 22:02   #5
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
the 1.5 patch introduced a limit to the marker thing for 60seconds per marker iirc.

afaik this is a defence against people trying to crash servers by placing a multitude of markers.

This was a change by teh people at DICE and had good reasoning behind it, and I can only hope the DEVs find a workaround for PRs purposes.
IIRC it was because the Marker replaces the vehicle drop, which has been hardcoded by DICE (In Their Ultimate wisdom) to at least a 60 sec. interval between drops.

It's not what the DEVs want anywho
Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 22:14   #6
Isnor

I really hope the Devs can find a work around to this, i find it really limits what information the commander can place, on top of this "deleting" a marker counts as placing one also, so its just a loose loose situation for the commander...

I can't post in the suggestion forums yet, but another thing i'd like to see is the commander's UAV on the map (when you are the commander) so you can get a general idea of where you are at and where you're going... Off topic, but just thought i'd add that in for the sake of it.
Old 2010-02-08, 03:23   #7
Heskey

Haha, I thought it was to stop people drawing swastikkas on the map xD
Heskey is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
commanders, question, quick