project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion > PR:WWII Suggestions
04 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2011-12-04, 17:31   #1
Feroaffer
Default Weapon Suggestions

(Sorry this is my 3rd time trying to post this)

I believe you should add the StG 44 a Nazi Germany weapon

The Specs of this weapon are;
550 RPM
7.92x33m bullets
Accurate till 300 meters
30 bullet magazine
Full Auto or Semi-Auto

For the US Army

I believe the BAR should be moved from AR to some other class, and be replaces by the
M1919 Browning 30 Cal

Specs are;
7.62x51mm bullets
500-700 RPM
Accurate till 1100 meters
250 round belt
Full Auto
Feroaffer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 18:37   #2
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Default Re: Weapon Suggestions

I dont know much about this stuff, but wasn't 30 cal used only on tripod, by a 2 man team? IMO that is left for FOB deployables, not for an AR class...

-lucky

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 19:46   #3
H.Maverick
I wanna be a DEV!
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
I dont know much about this stuff, but wasn't 30 cal used only on tripod, by a 2 man team? IMO that is left for FOB deployables, not for an AR class...

-lucky
as far as i know it could be used on a bipod and only operated by one man also

Its SO evil, it may actually encourage EA to support Modding again - Pantera
H.Maverick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 19:47   #4
Feroaffer

Realistically the MG42 would be the exact same, especially with the larger bullet size, which means more recoil.
Feroaffer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 00:02   #5
Pvt.LHeureux
-

.30 cal would be good for AR, then the BAR could be in the alternative AR kit.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 18:38   #6
KaizerSosa81

Uh, don't you think the Allies have enough fire power already? Keeping the .30 cal as a HMG deployment and the BAR on the AR kit is just fine.

I'm not fond of the STG 44 suggestion either.

A lot of these suggestions I'm seeing in this section would be good if the mini-mod goes beyond this initial map (which I would hope so) but for now? Just bad ideas.
KaizerSosa81 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 19:06   #7
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Well the destructible barbed wire is a good one, the snipers one is kindda useless because snipers are going to be implemented anyway and the .30 would be a good match agains't the German's MG42.
Old 2011-12-13, 23:01   #8
Salvo

After serious testing with the US Army AR kit, the BAR is just not adequate for the role. Undeployed, it has a slow rate of fire, deployed, you will go through a 20 round mag in 5 seconds. The AR kit was designed as a suppressive fire weapon, and as such, the BAR does not fulfill this role.
Now, the Browning M1919 .30 cal can be used using a tripod or a bipod, thus using it as a LMG or in the SF (Sustained Fire) role. As the round count for the MG42 is a 100 round box mag, the M1919 is also a 250 round belt link, but could be reduced to just 100 to keep it balanced with the MG42. I mean, the Germans have mounted MG42's along with AR variants, it wouldn't hurt to give the US Army the .30 cal. The BAR has a 20 round mag as I have said previously, which is ridiculous for a AR. You keep reloading every 5 seconds and cannot get that much needed suppressive fire down quick enough.
I am not in favour of removing the BAR, more having it either as an alternative AR, or as a marksman.
As for the STG44; maybe have that as an alternative officer kit?
Salvo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 23:14   #9
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Look the BAR will stay AR. A .30 would be cool, if we would have someone to do the animations for it and to model the tripod/bipod + the deploy animations.

The BAR model will be different for next release we hope, because the current one has a problem with it's ironsights.

Forget the STG44, we need a model for this. Could be cool though I agree. Would balance things out a bit.
Old 2011-12-14, 06:53   #10
KaizerSosa81

Perhaps the rate of fire on the BAR while deployed can be lower just ever so slightly and advise players to shoot in very controlled bursts so it can be a bit more effective?

U.S. AR users need to stick with their squad so they can maintain a suppressing fire while one reloads because of the deployed rapid fire. If squad leaders wish to detach their AR to a key position I would advised sending a Rifleman to back him up with the current circumstances.

It definitely has the potential to be a great weapon once tweaked a bit.
KaizerSosa81 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
browning, change, stg, suggestions, weapon