project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
07 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2004-12-23, 19:05   #1
Ugly Duck

Default Scimtar CVR(T) and Warrior IFV

Its a lightly armoured recon vehicle, looks to be the size of a land rover in the pic. Did I mention the 30mm Rarden Cannon?

Basicaly a british bradley minus the TOW's. Uses the same cannon as the scimtar, as well as a 7.62 hughes chaingun(according to FAS.org) The latter is obvious, however its cool so I included it anyways.
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 22:33   #2
marto

Oh yeah I think someone was saying that the 50. cal in the land rover model was way out of proportion, but in that pic it looks to be the right size.
marto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 22:36   #3
Ugly Duck

Kinda, however, take a look at gun it's self. Between the reciever(dunno if thats right) and the barrel, theres that big cone thing with the holes. On the model its really big, and that throws off its apearance. Can we get a pic of the .50 alone, with a person next to it?
On topic!
What do you think of these vehicles.
Old 2004-12-23, 22:39   #4
marto

Oh right, that little tracked vehicle reminds me of some little tank the British had in WWII I forget what it was though. Any way how fast can it go? I mean its so small it can probably go around 50.
Old 2004-12-23, 22:57   #5
ArchEnemy
Retired PR Developer

The Scimitar? is around 80kmph

Retired PR Lead Coder
ArchEnemy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 23:04   #6
Ugly Duck

Damn 50 MPH(thank google, I had to find a km to miles translater). I demand that the scimtar be added!
Old 2004-12-24, 00:41   #7
solodude23

That reminds me, vehicle speeds should be made realistic. Abrams can go a top speed of 45 mph in real life but in game there more like 20-25. Same with pretty much evrey other land vehicle, as well as helocopters. Take the Apache for example. IRL it can go 186mph while its level. Not in the game.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 02:53   #8
Ugly Duck

But in combat the wouldnt be going this fast. And thats road speed, what about on sand or in a forest?
Old 2004-12-24, 03:09   #9
Mind Game

Interesting, very interesting.....
Mind Game is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 06:32   #10
marto

Well if you decided to make speeds realistic then why not make the jets go mach 2? It just isn't reasonable sometimes.

Tags
cvrt, ifv, scimtar, warrior