project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2006-09-27, 11:47   #1
DJJ-Terror
Default Muzzle flash and gun smoke

Any thoughts on adding more smoke coming out from the guns barrels and get rid of those muzzle flashes couse that's the thing that during daytime is not present when fireing weapons.
Old 2006-09-27, 11:48   #2
Downtown_two

I would like to see the smoke have a more....um...les puffy look. Thats it, a more, less puffy look.

Right now it looks like its trickling out of the barrel, it should look like its coming out with some force.

Also, I agree with all of the above Terror.
Old 2006-09-27, 11:58   #3
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Weapons DO have muzzle flash in the day, just not on every single round and it depends on the rifle, round and cleanliness of the barrel afaik. Im sure an expert can clear this up.

Smoke, I agree with totally. It will look awsome and be realistic. As i mentioned in tother thread, The AT weapons should make a large smoke when fired.
Old 2006-09-27, 15:49   #4
Strutherski

The L85A2 has a muzzle flash eliminator at the front. It's kinda handy. Just sayin
Old 2006-09-27, 16:34   #5
Punisher1

Smokeless Powder, Great invention, been around for 80-90 years or so.

But I know what you mean after firing a considerable amount of ammo you do get a bit of a haze. At least not military issue ammo in 5.56 or 7.62.

**In the civy world some of the cheap ammo I shoot like Wolf (Russian) ammo and those odd off brands I get at the gun show smoke up a bit and are a bit "dirty".** But then thats not military issue ammo.
Old 2006-09-27, 16:40   #6
Strutherski

Unless we're thinking of incorporating muzzleloaders......YAY!
Old 2006-09-27, 16:42   #7
Strutherski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1
Smokeless Powder, Great invention, been around for 80-90 years or so.
Muzzleloader, lovely weapon.....not very practical
Old 2006-09-27, 16:52   #8
Punisher1

Ahem... Smokeless powder generic term for what is used today in ammunition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokeless_powder
Old 2006-09-27, 17:27   #9
SiN|ScarFace

Yea, make the smoke look like its being pushed out of the barrel.
Old 2006-09-27, 18:55   #10
DJJ-Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]duckhunt
Weapons DO have muzzle flash in the day, just not on every single round and it depends on the rifle, round and cleanliness of the barrel afaik. Im sure an expert can clear this up.
I know, but that light is seen at the tip if barell (if you look hard enough), and it's not strong to lightup 1 meter of surounding ground or an entire bush you are behind.

i agree that todays gunpowder produces less smoke, but actually smoke comes out from burnedout oil for maintenance of barells.

Anyway if you look any reallife gunfights, theres a lot of smoke and none of flashing.
Those smoke comes from barell as it comes from surounding dust that goes up from preasure that fireing produces to surounding air and ground.
As we cant produce that effect i think that more smoke coming out of barrels during fire would be a decent substitute for that.

Tags
flash, gun, muzzle, smoke