project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-05, 16:30   #1
Wipeout
Default Teamkill PUNISHMENT!

There needs to be a punishment for teamkills.. Whether it's -100 points. Because anyone that plays this mod for what it's worth doesn't play for points. Or addition to spawn time. I just spent some time on Mao Valley. First round USMC, got teamkilled maybe twice.. Ended up with a decent kill to death, 13 kills to 8 deaths. Second round, PLA, got teamkilled more times then the enemy killed me. Nothing pisses me off more then walking up to a friendly formation to follow them and my own squad kills me WTF.. More then that I spawn and I'm spawn camped by my own teammate because he flips out and thinks I'm an enemy. Finally, I had multiple times just getting shot in the back, while I was on point..

Everyones entitled to there mistakes of teamkilling. Because even I teamkilled 2 people, one because he shot at me and i wasn't paying attention so I immediately returned fire, then the second was because he jumped into my LoF.

Either way.. I think there should be some punishment other then naughty boy I'm going to press PgUp on you and you will get a Punish! NAUGHTY NAUGHTY NAUGHTY dont do it again.

Whether it's possble to tag on extra spawn penalities for one spawn afterwards.. Or something..
Old 2007-02-05, 16:32   #2
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

lol, i never punish...........i say, if you cant laugh at a tk what is the point in..........
Old 2007-02-05, 16:37   #3
Clypp

I want servers to have punish/forgive. I also want kick votes enabled if even just to get an admin's attention.

I hate people who punish always. I was playing with a guy in my squad with voip for some time and I TKed him when he ran in front of me. He punished. I'm like WTF dude? He said he punishes by habit. I then teabagged his body and left the squad. He was a great teamplayer but punishing by habit, there is no excuse.

There should be a puzzle game you have to solve in order to punish to make sure you really mean it.
Old 2007-02-05, 16:43   #4
SevenOfDiamonds

I think people should always punish if someone kills them. Makes people learn faster or pisses them off o kill you more ... either ay they will learn. If it was obviously your fault then don't but if your over taking enemies out and a you get TKed from behind punish. Im pretty sure by now most people can tell the difference between friends and foes.

Just dont kill teammates.
Old 2007-02-05, 16:52   #5
{GD}StevenGarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clypp
I hate people who punish always. I was playing with a guy in my squad with voip for some time and I TKed him when he ran in front of me. He punished. I'm like WTF dude? He said he punishes by habit. I then teabagged his body and left the squad. He was a great teamplayer but punishing by habit, there is no excuse.
I personally don't care if someone punishes me, even if the team kill was an accident. Would you rather play in a squad full of lone wolfs that always forgive?

I only punish if I don't hear a "sorry man." That way, at least they know they just killed a teammate.
Old 2007-02-05, 16:53   #6
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

Just dont kill teammates.

hahaaa, you can say that, but with out saying why people do it, it just sounds simply absurd and like you are uneducated in the issue.

I was about to aks/say (earler) but i thought i was just too silly/basic to say:

How many people actualy team kill on purpose (retorical quesiton) - obvioulsy very very few (prob 1 in 200) BUT how man people just dont take the time to check friend from foe?? Therefore most Tks much come from laziness in not checking, therefore punishing peeps would might make them try checking.

Or are people actually trying to check, but due to drawdistance limitations and often due to the very sudden nature of combat they are failing to identify correctly??

Personaly, i dont find it too difficult to ID but playing PR for just over 1 year probaly has helpd alittle.
So, the big question IS: are more TKs do to laziness or actualy, real difficuly to ID (trying and failing)???????
Old 2007-02-05, 16:57   #7
TomBabmo

Once I revived this one engy-guy, he turned around and shot me. He musted thought that I was enemy medic and accidentally revived him, right... Didn't even hear "sorry". Of course I punished the bastard.
Old 2007-02-05, 16:59   #8
mammikoura

yeah we could have a more serious punishment for teamkilling. I mean, surely if you shoot a friendly in RL it's not like "ok, I'll take $20 out of your paycheck and were done with this"
Old 2007-02-05, 17:01   #9
Skinwehr

Lately, whenever I am playing USMC I use the grenadier. I can't tell you how many times I have crouched for like 3 seconds with the 40mm, taken careful aim and fired only to watch the round fly off at an impossible tangent and hit a lamp-pole or something and TK like 3 guys.

And there was this one time when I was thumping off the little bird with the 40mm and one just exploded right out of the muzzle for no reason. I was firing over the side and it somehow went off. (impossible IRL because of the inertia initiator - the shell has to fly about 25 meters first.). I TKed the whole LB. Needless to say, I don't launch any type of ordinance off the slicks no more. (sorry guys)

When the nade launcher malfunctions it isn't the player's fault. I always forgive when something explodes near me and the little "forgive/punish" text comes up. Unless, of course, I saw the guy make a perfect shot on me and TK me.
Old 2007-02-05, 17:03   #10
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenOfDiamonds
I think people should always punish if someone kills them. Makes people learn faster or pisses them off o kill you more ... either ay they will learn.
I hope your reply was full of sarcasm, since players like you make me leave server. Yesterday I was having worst PR experience ever, mostly because of TK's, not to mention any of those wasnt my fault.

1) Mines, there are idiots you know. Same place, same mines, same guy. 3 times in a row with some of his friends. The driver punished always, others didnt. One said he was sorry that he accidentally punished. Either way -> Banned. Let me say, those mines were at enemy area, not near home base.

2) Desert map with gate in it. I was playing engineer again, and set the C4. I told several times to clear out, I can take it down with single C4. Well, some guys understood the point, while I came to cover to blow it down, others went watch the fireworks. 4 punishes. We got the gate open, and the flag. But I paid 4 punishes.

3) Grenades, like it or not, some people throw grenades. Mostly you can evade them, but sometimes people rush Superman style to prevent grenades from exploding.

4) SLAM, 30 seconds. No one knows when its going to blow. So lets see if it has a clock attached into it. Boom.

Some examples there for you. There should NOT be punish option in ANY server. Its mostly the innocent guys who gets punished, not the real bastards. I never punish, unless its really intentional. If someone shots me into back, I know he is sorry for it, so why on earth to make him more pissed with the situation? Is it good teamwork to punish for every single accident? No, its good teamwork to encourage people, not punish them.

Tags
punishment, teamkill