project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-09, 22:45   #1
Desertfox

Default Rally Points

Well with the introduction of rally points it seems that if the teams are fighting for a certain section all it takes is like 2-3 squad leaders to drop rally points and it will be pretty dang hard to get that section back.

My suggestion is that rally points should not be able to be placed within 60M of each other. Yesterday I found two rally points on one of those construction buildings (The one @ Sharqi ) One on each level ;-/
Old 2007-02-09, 22:49   #2
BlackwaterEddie

The problem i found today was destroying them, i found two enemy rally points behind a wall on EJOD desert, when under fire the last thing on your mind is throwing two grenades, going back to resupply and then coming back to destroy the second group of backpacks.

Theyre backpacks, why cant i just give them the good news with a gun?
Old 2007-02-10, 01:30   #3
Daedal-Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackwaterEddie
The problem i found today was destroying them, i found two enemy rally points behind a wall on EJOD desert, when under fire the last thing on your mind is throwing two grenades, going back to resupply and then coming back to destroy the second group of backpacks.

I agree, fire a few times and have it just crumble apart.
Old 2007-02-10, 02:59   #4
{XG} non_compliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackwaterEddie

easily the funniest thing I've read all week... you brits are always good for a laugh.
Old 2007-02-10, 04:04   #5
Psycho_Sam

Yeah cus Brits rock tbh :P
Old 2007-02-10, 04:05   #6
Soulja

I've also noticed that the rally points are going through walls. For example: on a map i was playing earlier, the Chinese had a rally point in a rock and we couldnt kill it, shot about 10 rockets and even put C4 on it. Finally just spawn raped em enough till they moved the thing.
Old 2007-02-10, 05:27   #7
Clypp

Maybe not a gun, but 1 grenade or a knife should do it.

Knife them, that's a really good idea Clypp.

Thanks man.
Old 2007-02-10, 09:19   #8
Desertfox

Someone make another thread about that Stop hijacking *tear*
Old 2007-02-10, 10:07   #9
=NAA=Spaztik_Ferret

Good idea
Old 2007-02-10, 15:05   #10
BlackwaterEddie

Just an update:

I was accused of Spawncamping this morning (cant remember what server) because i was throwing nade after nade into this courtyard where i found 3 rally points, after a minute of resupplying and throwing more a text message appeared at the top along the lines of

"Would da n00b throwing teh nades pLZ FECKING STOPZ IT, YOU SP/\WN CAMPING BIATCH1!!!!11111!!!!"

As i looked at my score after my bout of nade throwing i had accumulated 15 kills and a few angry enemy squad members.

I wouldnt mind seeing it so that you cant place rally points under 100m from eachother, each team should have a different objective, whether it be defence of a flag or attacking an enemy flag, the placement of the rally points should show this, i dont expect to jump behind a wall and find three of them all huddled together, which then takes me roughly two minutes to destroy because i cant just knife them or riddle them with bullets.

Tags
points, rally