project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-15, 13:26   #1
UberSoldat2142

Default Can someone plz get the Corpsmen to do their jobs?

Okay I dont know if it was just the server I was in or what but the Corpsmen wouldnt heal anyone. I would get shot and there would be corpsmen walking right by me while im calling for help and some even stand nxt to me or close enough to get to me in time. So in the nxt realese can someone plz come up with something that motivates the corpsmen to do their job.
Old 2007-02-15, 13:28   #2
Fullforce
Retired PR Developer

I think spawning as a corpsman itself is motivation - you have no other role (apart from shooting people) than healing others, and if you don't do that, then you are wasting your energy spawning as that kit, because other kits have lots more equipment.
Old 2007-02-15, 13:57   #3
mammikoura

thought there is the thing that some take the medic because then they can heal themselves, and you still have the same weapon with enough mags and smoke.
But I don't think there is anything to be done by the devs, just find a good server/squad and there shouldn't be a problem.
Old 2007-02-15, 14:02   #4
luizinhuu

dont judge too quickly, when i play as a corpsman - which i like a lot - i make sure there's no enemy around before healing someone. i take this caution more extremely when i'm going to revive someone.
vanilla players have such a bad habit of reviving immediately brainlessly. i often get revived and immediately killed along with the brainless corpsman
but we have to be patient. slowly they'll notice this is not smart to do in PR
Old 2007-02-15, 14:13   #5
casualtyUR

Some problems I've found with the commom soldier, as myself playing as a Medic,
1) people expect the Medic to come to them. The injured should leaves the KZ or area and FIND the Medic.
2) people will stand behind and spam "Medic" but my icon is on top of the injured and cannt see. Walk to the front of the Medic before TKing.
3) if your squad of 6 cant field a Medic, it's not my fault you bleed to death.
4) if a Medic is healing someone, please scan the area for incoming enemies and just stand there zoning off into space.
5) some do this but during healing, Riflemen throw some ammo down.
6) off topic - give grenade to Medics.
7) follow the Medic as he leaves the FZ to heal safely.
Old 2007-02-15, 14:24   #6
Downtown_two

Corpsman is my kit for MEC and USMC, I am a goddamn healing machine. It'll just be the influx of new players that are overlooking the teamwork thing, I was lying dead in a nice corner watching the medics wander past me last time I played.

To answer your question though....no.
Old 2007-02-15, 14:41   #7
Aljen

@casualtyUR
With points 1,2,4,5,7 I can only agree.
6) Grenades for medic? No. Only reason I cant find for grenades for medic are enemy rally points. If he finds enemy RP he should warn his squad and mark it for everyone in his team to see (I would give him one colored smoke grenade specially for this reason ) at least with "Enemy boat spotted!"
3) I am trying to revive/heal everyone if I see they need me. But if I have to cancel healing because my squad is heading to other direction do not be angry that I left you wounded. If your squad do not have medic, go medic yourself!

Sometimes when I do not revive you, it is possible that I am out off Revives (there is only 6 of them) or that I can not see you in a corner if there is no icon on a minimap (it vanishes quickly)
Old 2007-02-15, 14:55   #8
El_Vikingo

Solution = Medics cannot heal themselves with the First Aid Bag
Old 2007-02-15, 15:07   #9
Rick_the_new_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
Solution = Medics cannot heal themselves with the First Aid Bag

I thought about that.

I would recommend reducing the speed in which they heal themselves. Or limit their health to 50% when they self heal.

If they cannot heal themselves, then people will start to kill each other, then pick up the medic kit and revive and heal them.

I know, it is silly, but can be done.

(Wonded medci) Medic: "Dude, shot me and grab my kit, and then revive me and then heal me up."
Old 2007-02-15, 15:20   #10
Nephrmuus

As far as people's motivations for taking medic kit above others just to heal themselves it is entirely reasonable since healf-self is about as good as the other gear additions that other kits have. I don't agree that they should do this, since it is forgetting that teamwork (and a dedicated healer) is the best way to play the game. Of course, most of these people probably don't realise that all kits have a field-dressing, officers even have 3 field-dressings! The other factor is that the medic doesn't get rifle sights when they are available, so they do not have the same gear as a non-medic. Incidentally, before attacking selfish medics, I should ask when was the last time that you gave your field-dressing to a comrade when they were badly wounded and you weren't? Sorry, I'm not so much attacking those that have complained in this thread as the general whining I hear from those who don't have a personal physician ;P

I play a proper, altruistic medic a lot, but I am often just as frustrated by healees and revivees as much as you are by "selfish" medics. Revivees in particular often act like they really have just woken from the dead. Particular problems I have include:
  • I'm revived so I immediately run straight back into the fight (with 25% life, or whatever it is) and die from stubbing my toe.
  • I'm revived so I stay at the exposed position I died in expecting the medic to stay there and heal me.
Equally, people who ask to be healed often run off again once their screen stops being fuzzy and are still at about 50% life - please stay and get healed up fully or we have every reason to get irritated (there is a "+" icon in the bottom-right of your screen to show that you are still being healed).

Remember too that a medic is risking his life to heal you and that, especially if he/she takes time to heal a non-squad member, then he/she is putting his/her own squad in very real danger (since they are busy with you and/or could die themselves, leaving their squad without a healer). If your squad doesn't have a medic, then you should respawn as one so that it does have one.

If you need to be revived, then please tell the medic the time you have before death. Nothing is more annoying than the corpse disappearing just as you waste one of your 6 revives. Also, if you have 20+s, then the medic has plenty of time to spread smoke or wait until the position is less dangerous. In any case, the medic might decide that there is a high danger of both parties being killed just after revive, so decides to keep him/herself alive to help other soliders in the near future.

When revived, please:
  1. If you didn't die behind very good cover then immediately run into the nearest heavy cover (If you got killed by poking your head over a parapet, then you are probably reasonably safe lying down behind it). A good medic will then follow you and heal you up to full. A quick-thinking medic will revive you then immediately dive for cover and expect you to follow to get healed (since revivees often take a second or two to reorient their surroundings before moving).
  2. Keep your head down while you are being healed. During this vulnerable time, you should be focussing solely on defending the medic, not in attacking the enemy. Consider using this time to drop smoke grenades between yourself and the enemy position (smoking your own position doesn't help anyone really) and/or dropping ammo so that the medic can replenish his/her smoke/revives/etc).
  3. Please say "Thank you" before you run off again (It is in the "Q"-rosette, but VOIP is better for squad-members) after you have been healed. It goes a long way to encourage healers to put themselves in the line-of-fire to heal or revive you next time.

Tags
corpsmen, jobs, plz