project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-16, 00:58   #1
Gecko1969

Default Tank Crew vs. Tank noise

Ok I admit I have never been in a tank EVER. But my understanding is that the headphones you wear reduce the noise and amplify the voices of your crew so speaking is not an issue. This is not the case in the tanks now. If possible could there be a different set of tank sounds that the crew hears while inside as it is very hard to hear each other now.

If anyone can vouch for this or tell me I am full of $hit and it is that loud in a tank please add to the evidence for/against this idea. I understand that it may not be possible to have different sounds like I am asking and understand if there is a limitation to this idea.

Thanks for all the great work! Loving the MOD 0.5!!

Doc-Gecko
Old 2007-02-16, 01:07   #2
Clypp

Yes, internal tank noise should be reduced so I can hear people on VOIP. Same goes for the jets.
Old 2007-02-16, 01:13   #3
Simio1337

Go to audio settings for now and incrase the VOIP receive volume and maybe reduce the effects slider.
Old 2007-02-16, 01:16   #4
Clypp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simio1337
Go to audio settings for now and incrase the VOIP receive volume and maybe reduce the effects slider.
Not a valid solution. Sounds outside of tanks will then be too quiet to sound good or give situational awareness. I'll be damned if I am going to ESC and change my settings every time I step into a tank.
Old 2007-02-16, 01:19   #5
Gecko1969

What Clypp said
Old 2007-02-16, 01:24   #6
Wipeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clypp
Not a valid solution. Sounds outside of tanks will then be too quiet to sound good or give situational awareness. I'll be damned if I am going to ESC and change my settings every time I step into a tank.

I have all my settings on 30% or lower.. I can here people just fine.. I don't know how many people try and sneak up behind me to knife the poor defenseless sniper I am, and just as they go to dive behind me they find me turning around with a knife, knifing them in the face.

i dunno.. Maybe it's just me..
Old 2007-02-16, 02:04   #7
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

the new voices of the soldiers in pr are so quiet , i cant hear anything when somebaby use the voip , the voice sound of the vanilla are more audible , dont know if realistic .
Old 2007-02-16, 02:12   #8
luizinhuu

i can't hear anyone on VOIP when in a jet. this turned into a problem really
Old 2007-02-16, 03:50   #9
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

okay but at the same time, if you decrease internal tank volume, the tank crew becomes like bionic hearing!!! they can hear snipers crawling in the grass 50 meters away!!!

that is unacceptable!

I agree, its a problem, but I dont know the solution.
Old 2007-02-16, 16:44   #10
Wipeout

Just turn down the volume. And those who don't have sound cards.. wofl.. I seriously don't understand the problem here I never have it..

My sound settings are all 30% or lower, I can here everything ingame fine, and I sit on TC ventrilo chat with them and chat with people on VOIP all at the same time.. Can't say its my computer because my computer is absolute sheet.

Tags
crew, noise, tank