project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-17, 03:47   #1
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Default comand rose for tankers

can you change the comand rose when you are in a tank ? like when you ar ein a vehicle the "need a medic" becomes a "need a mechanic" . tankers need comand like "move foward" ,"mines spotted";"fall back","stop!" , "contac,3 oclock", contac 6 oclock ,move to the left ,move to the right ,we need repairs ,bail out , etc . because not always you driver/gunner has a mic and not always our driver/gunner speak your language

coments?
Old 2007-02-17, 04:32   #2
[3rd]Sonders

some of what you said are already in there, others....just sound wierd...
Old 2007-02-17, 05:09   #3
Wipeout

MIC's ftw.. English ftw.. Language based servers ftw... Keep it simple ftw

Frankly ftw

Driver / Gunner / Commander tank crews aren't something you slap together, even in this game there chemistry behind it and you learn to work with your partner.. Not jump into some random pubby and expect to pwn it up in a tank with some random guy.
Old 2007-02-17, 05:49   #4
DaedalusAI1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipeout
Driver / Gunner / Commander tank crews aren't something you slap together, even in this game there chemistry behind it and you learn to work with your partner.. Not jump into some random pubby and expect to pwn it up in a tank with some random guy.
Yeah. Especially when you shoot a tank and while the gun is reloading, your driver just sits there in the open when you aren't able to fight waiting for your turn to get shot
Old 2007-02-17, 05:54   #5
[3rd]Sonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalusAI1
Yeah. Especially when you shoot a tank and while the gun is reloading, your driver just sits there in the open when you aren't able to fight waiting for your turn to get shot

lol, I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!!!

drive, anywere, for the love of god, just drive
Old 2007-02-17, 06:16   #6
Hfett

I use VOIP a lot while using a tank

Here you can see me and a clan member on the tank

IF you notice, i dont stop talking while driving the tank

But the video is on portuguese and you might dont get it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDOUC77Rm_M
Old 2007-02-17, 06:36   #7
Fishw0rk

Quote:

Frankly ftw

Even so, vehicle-specific radio commands are something that's needed for APC, jeeps, etc. I'd still like to see them for tanks, because not everyone has a mic (and VOIP is sometimes a PITA for recognizing people's mics). However for other vehicle's they're definitely needed as the passengers are often in different squads. We mainly need a "STOP!" command so that the driver knows that someone needs to get out.
Old 2007-02-17, 07:58   #8
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:

Frankly ftw

how i can have chemistry with a person that says things like "ftw", "pwn",pubby in the voip?I CANT UNDERSTAND HIM .what about those person that dont have mic? or those that doesnt speak the same language? also , i cant decide who get in the tank , its a "random" guy of my squad .

simple?

vanilla is simple , go play vanilla . simple is BAD .

EDIT: great video hfett
Last edited by 77SiCaRiO77; 2007-02-17 at 08:06..
Old 2007-02-17, 11:36   #9
Saobh
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77
how i can have chemistry with a person that says things like "ftw", "pwn",pubby in the voip?I CANT UNDERSTAND HIM .what about those person that dont have mic? or those that doesnt speak the same language? also , i cant decide who get in the tank , its a "random" guy of my squad .

simple?

vanilla is simple , go play vanilla . simple is BAD .

EDIT: great video hfett
And people, even if people are speaking the same language, there's still the engine sound issue (mentioned in an other thread).

So yes if this kind of adjustment was possible by the game engine it would help allot.
Old 2007-02-17, 12:39   #10
V3N0N_br

One of the things that might aid you is (while in a gunner position) being the squad leader. This way, you can place markers on the direction you want your driver to go. Even if he doesn't speak english or can't hear you, he'll have a visual assignment in his map.
The problem with this suggestion is that I think in BF2 you don't have the same option that bf1942 had, to send messages by shouting and not by radio, so that only whoever was close to you would listen. If you add this commands, probably the whole team is gonna hear you saying "Move forward!" or "Make a left here!"

Tags
comand, rose, tankers