project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-17, 07:22   #1
Flakpanzer
Default Ideas, problems, thoughts

The following are just a few ideas and problems I have about this very good mod. I must say I hate BF2 but I find this mod turns a crappy, under developted money ploy, into a very good team oriented FPS. So here they are

1. It would be nice if the shotgun could have an iron sight.

2. Many of the EA stock iron sights are pretty ugly, do you guys plan on making your own?

3. It is hard to see the helmet and gun on players at long range. I’m not sure if its my video settings or what, but I do not remember this with vanilla battlefield 2.

4. If it’s not going to be that shooting a rocket or RPG at a helicopter brings it down perhaps have the pilot get shell shocked from a rocket hitting his cab, or maybe cause the helicopter to not respond properly.

5. Helicopters do not always blow up when they crash. Now granted a tank shell would blow it into pieces but say if its tail rudder were hit would you guys consider adding a way for a good pilot to crash land. Granted everyone would end up being shocked and wounded, and many more dead. I think It would be cool to shoot down a helicopter and then have the squad go search out any survivors.

6. The health field kit falls through the ground 50% of the time.

7. Machine gun iron sights do not really line up at all, I’m not sure if this is intentional. Of course it isn’t hard to just follow the tracers to aim.

8. Support class does not really carry enough ammo.

9. Why does MEC use HK guns? It would seem that the AK would be the primary weapon therre. But Im just going on my limited knowledge maybe many arab nations do use these guns.
Old 2007-02-17, 10:44   #2
Raniak

I may be wrong... but in real life you don't use the ironsight on shotguns...

2. Many of the EA stock iron sights are pretty ugly, do you guys plan on making your own?

They already made a few and EA one are not ugly imo

4. If it’s not going to be that shooting a rocket or RPG at a helicopter brings it down perhaps have the pilot get shell shocked from a rocket hitting his cab, or maybe cause the helicopter to not respond properly.

it already does

5. Helicopters do not always blow up when they crash. Now granted a tank shell would blow it into pieces but say if its tail rudder were hit would you guys consider adding a way for a good pilot to crash land. Granted everyone would end up being shocked and wounded, and many more dead. I think It would be cool to shoot down a helicopter and then have the squad go search out any survivors.

hardcoded ?

7. Machine gun iron sights do not really line up at all, I’m not sure if this is intentional. Of course it isn’t hard to just follow the tracers to aim.

press C on some of them to fix it
Old 2007-02-17, 11:47   #3
Garrison

They do have "iron sights" in real life, Never used one in the Air Force, but I am an avid Duck Hunter and we like to call them "Miss-Me-Beads" with a shotgun its more of feeling than a direct aim. But with Slugs being in it would be nice to have a sight.
Old 2007-02-17, 12:34   #4
dunkellic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flakpanzer

probably will come sooner or later, but not top-priority right now

Quote:
i´m quite okay with them, i dont think that any or most will get an update, since we could use the ressources in other areas

Quote:
uh, apart fromt the big transport helos, most choppers go down with one rpg (littlebirds/scout choppers) or at least with one heavy at. a cobra that´s been hit by a rpg wont instantly crash, but it often happened to me, that while i tried reaching the helipad it simply lost altitude till it crashed.

Quote:
6. The health field kit falls through the ground 50% of the time.
not for me ^^. next time, just throw it infront of you and dont step on it, then you should be fine

Quote:
that´s getting fixxed, that was one of the last thing to be added to 0.5 and according to the devs, we can actually be glad it even made it into the final version ^^

Quote:
9. Why does MEC use HK guns? It would seem that the AK would be the primary weapon therre. But Im just going on my limited knowledge maybe many arab nations do use these guns.

has already been said (search function) but i´ll explain it one more time
the g3 is manufactured in some middle eastern countries by license and is therefore pretty realistic, so the usage of other hk rifles, apart from the g3, is only a logical step, since all of the weapons come from the g3 family and use the same catridge

by the way, welcome to pr
Old 2007-02-17, 14:13   #5
Leo

Quote:
or maybe cause the helicopter to not respond properly.

\
AFAIK, that's already in, once you get damaged enough you can't use the "yaw" movements anymore.

Tags
ideas, problems, thoughts