project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-17, 07:46   #1
Captain Killer
Default Idea for all PR Servers

First off just want to say how amazing this mod is.
Since pr makes working together in your squads almost a given, be nice if all servers would keep the squads together as maps change. Now some servers do it like tactical gamer, however on most others i played on it reset's and forces everyone to make the squad over again. I usually find a good group of players and it sucks when the maps changes and we got to set it up all over again.
As well i think it would make most players appreciate squad play and jump in squads more often and work better as a whole.
Old 2007-02-17, 08:45   #2
TogetherWe'reInvincible
Banned

yeah theres usually a squad I play with but it sucks when i see '6/6' because my comp aint so great at loading the new map. this is a good idea but maybe its not fair on someone else who wants a place, unless you are more worth being in the squad than them and they just want the ability to kit request or something
Old 2007-02-17, 09:21   #3
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Yeah I agree with this, but I really like switching teams. If it was possible to switch teams and keep your squads that would be amazing

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
Old 2007-02-17, 09:25   #4
[PTG]sh0gun

afaik BF2 doesnt have inbuilt team switching, so its done by admin (manualy switching teams) however ones like BF2CC do it automatilc (as an option) but a admin cant force you to join squads after (or at all)
Old 2007-02-17, 15:08   #5
El_Vikingo

Just tell your squad members (beforehand) to NOT join any other squads after the new map has loaded.

Create a locked squad and invite them.
Old 2007-02-17, 15:17   #6
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

if the server has team swap enabled on it you can not keep the same squads when you switch teams each round.

Tags
idea, servers